No more grey

Currently reading:
No more grey

My Uno was resprayed prior to me buying it… in that modern grey you see Audis and BMWs wear. It must have been properly stripped because I can’t find any of the original darker grey on it except where the paint’s flaked a teeny bit.

I’d like to respray it to that dark metallic grey Unos used to have. Or something brighter, perhaps a Punto mustardy gold. My teenage Uno was not-quite-red.

There are certain colours that new car buyers should just be taken aside and slapped for. Plain grey is one, brown through to beige is another.
One of my neighbors has a 2018/19 (can't remember and she has a private plate on it now) Porsche 911. Beautiful car, wheels perfect, sounds amazing, but a horrible flat non metallic light grey colour and a couple doors down from her is a brown 1 series BMW.

I would argue that (albeit rarely) there are some cars that suite a deep rich metallic brown. This usually only works on High end cars like a Bentley

bentley-continental-gtc-convertible-b0ce32f9e78a.jpg

It works, but if I was stood in the dealership with £200k in my pocket I'd not be choosing brown.

Back