Newbie with a Problem

Currently reading:
Newbie with a Problem

Tragic Chappers

Hey guys first time poster here but unfortunately it's regarding a problem with my 1.4 Active Sport Grande Punto 56 plate and done about 27,000

The Problem is when we last had bit of frost and i went to put the heating on it took forever for the frost on my front window-screen to go. So finally when the car heats up. Instead of getting warm nice air I get a horrible burning smell maybe oil.
Then a couple of weeks later i get a bad condensation inside the car on my front window-screen this happened twice.

I checked my coolant all seemed ok until I checked my oil where i find a creamy substance. I have been told by i view people that it is my head gasket :( So i thought i get a confirmation form the experts on FiatForum :)

Would appear to be hg from what you say, have you done a comp test to confirm it's hg?, What is the temp on gauge show when in normal use/idle.

Hi welcome to the forum :wave:

Don't Panic just yet about the head gasket (especially on such a low mileage car) they mayo can be called by condensation these engines as you have discovered take a long time to get fully up to operating temperature and drive the moisture out of the engine..........

Also if your smelling oil your cam cover breather hose is probably split allowing air into the engine from the "outside" likewise letting oil vapour out which is drawn into the cabin by the in car blower

so first thing if you have a 10 mm spanner is to have a look

As for the steaming up is the drivers foot well up round the back of the peddles damp by any chance?

Last edited:
Back