General Newbie to forum and to Fiat ulysse Heeeeeelp!

Currently reading:
General Newbie to forum and to Fiat ulysse Heeeeeelp!

tammyj449

I am really hoping some kind person can help me out. Just purchased a 2004 Ulysse 2.0JTD Auto. Noticed that the indicator lights werent working on the front. Husband removed the bulbs...easy enough, tested them and they were actually ok so presumed a fuse may have blown. Only found fuse box in engine compartment and battery cover but apparantly there is another. Where is it? Can't find it. Anyway he checked the fuses and changed a couple, put contact grease on a couple of others and replaced the bulbs. Now all of the front lights, side,main beam, head lights, indicators have stopped working. They're not flashing on the console in the car either. :confused: We can't get hold of a workshop manual. Got a disc on line but it is total crap. Why can't they just do a book that can be read through as and when needed, much simpler. Anyway, if someone can tell me where the other fuse box is I would be grateful. Checked in glove box but not there. There seems to be a sealed unit on the passenger side of the engine but can't access it. If anyone has anything on paper to do with this car mechanically or electrically I would be very grateful of your help.Thank you in advance.:worship:

hi welcome to the pleasures of FIAT/Citroen ownership :devil:
the sealed unit on passenger side of engine bay is ECU don't go there.
there is a fuse box by your right knee when sat in drivers seat , you can open it with a coin , you will need a torch to see in there.
the fuse box in the engine bay is more likely the problem , check for water ingress
though if all front lights have stopped working something has probably been disturbed , maybe earth wires or even main feed to fuse box.
let us know how it goes

andy

;) Kept having earth problems with my front indicators (work one minute then not the next). Soldered an earth wire for both indicators to light bulbs on both problem solved. Good luck

Fiat Ulysse 2004 2.0JTD Auto. Bulbs are now working....intermittently. Car was up for sale this week so took it out for a drive this morning as someone coming to see it and wanted to check everything was well, no such luck. Car started and pulled away perfectly fine. I live in West Wales surrounded by hills and mountains so coming out of our village is ver steep. Got to a blind junction on a very steep section of road, slowed down, went to pull away when it was clear and the car wouldn't move. Engine ticking over but no movement at all. Had to roll it back down the hill till I was on a flat piece of road. Turned off the engine for 10 seconds and restarted and it flew over the hill without insident. Coming back up the hill from the opposite side it did the same. Really gutted. Engine management light on and anti pollution, diesel additive warning on screen. Is this the problem. Please can some one help me. Or does someone want a cheap car that drives perfectly if you have no hills to attempt. Arghhhhhh!!!!

Back