General New Zealand Panda 1989 MkII

Currently reading:
General New Zealand Panda 1989 MkII

Open your boot..the paint code is on the inside..just look up on the tailgate.

There are lots of fixes for the wiper..it's number four in our top ten hit parade!

Personally I would use a two pack epoxy glue.

Open your boot..the paint code is on the inside..just look up on the tailgate.

There are lots of fixes for the wiper..it's number four in our top ten hit parade!

Personally I would use a two pack epoxy glue.

Funny thing about the wiper, wouldn't come off last night after much pulling and levering, so I gave up and sprayed it with WD40... then this morning it just lifted off. :)

So that's what I'll need to replace, the spline/ motor seems good.

Now I also found the paint code.

I also have a lot more pics, but should I upload those to a different section?

How odd - that's the same paint code as Chiaro. The colour isn't the same though? When I got mine paint matched there was a 485 and 485 light listed - the light matched the colour but wasn't mentioned on the sticker! You'll probably find the other one is the match for yours, so may save some messing around (y)

This is mine for comparison:

I prefer yours by the way!! :cool:

How odd - that's the same paint code as Chiaro. The colour isn't the same though? When I got mine paint matched there was a 485 and 485 light listed - the light matched the colour but wasn't mentioned on the sticker! You'll probably find the other one is the match for yours, so may save some messing around (y)

This is mine for comparison:

I prefer yours by the way!! :cool:

Thanks oh wow, same code! Good to know if they ask I should be going for one that isn't light. Might just save me some dollars. Thanks!

It looks pretty crap at the moment, as it really needs a good cut and polish. I'm gutted I can't drive it at the moment due to having no front wiper.

Hopefully I can get it sorted this weekend..

Would be good to see more pics when you get a members motors thread up (y)

Yes I'm sure yours is the other one - unless my eyesight has gone screwy those 2 aren't the same! It was trial and error getting mine made up - it just had more white added to the mixture apparently.

Mine needs another cut and polish really, but it's a bit of a general workhorse. Looks like yours could come up well though with some tlc :)

Would be good to see more pics when you get a members motors thread up (y)

Yes I'm sure yours is the other one - unless my eyesight has gone screwy those 2 aren't the same! It was trial and error getting mine made up - it just had more white added to the mixture apparently.

Mine needs another cut and polish really, but it's a bit of a general workhorse. Looks like yours could come up well though with some tlc :)

Yeah no doubt it will come up nice,

I am trying to upload photo's because I just found that I'm not allowed to use photobucket which is where all mine are already stored.

So once the uploading thing works I'll post a link.

I thought it looked a similar colour to yours Gavin, but looks a bit darker than yours?

Yes quite a bit darker unless the photos are deceiving!

I believe Chiaro means light. So mine is 485 light light blue, and clowndog has 485 light (but darker!) blue. Good old Fiat - confusion reigns!! ;)

I mentioned my nephew lives in NZ. he is in Herne Bay Auckland.
He is keeping an eye out for you, I'm sure it won't be that long..

Haha cool I'm sure it wont be!

Ok so I've been having a lot of problems. Taking it into the mechanic on Monday, but as I was working on the car today, I had the drivers side rear up on a stand and I decided to jack up and put on a stand the other side so I could have both rear wheels off and continue working...

I over at the front and the passenger side cv boot splits from being on a weird angle (and being old I guess)

But the weird part is it starts flowing a lot of oil from the cv boot... I thought they should only have grease in them...

Does that mean something else is also broken? A seal of some sort?

Anyway I now can't drive it to the mechanics tomorrow. and would love some advice on what I need to replace (obviously cv boot).. or where the oil could have come from.

here is a pic.

Cheers,

my cinquecento had 400ml of oil in the box caused by a leaky CV boot. the box was running like that for a year, then i bought the car and fixed it. the gearbox was fine the whole time i had the car.
only issue is that you do get a lot of crap get into the gearbox though :/

haha that is amazing, I made it down the road no troubles. Just the mechanic having troubles finding a replacement inner CV boot. But I have suggested some suppliers in NZ that said they stock them.. so just a waiting game.

Also will need to get the coolant leak fixed. I believe it is coming from the water pump as the radiator isn't leaking. It also only leaks for a bit after the car has been run then stops.

Arggh what have I got my self into :confused:
:bang:

I'm sure one of us can mail you a boot if necessary.

By the way it just occurred to me that as a Kiwi and being 12 hours ahead you are like the Panda night watchman. We really are 24/7

Haha yeah it is 24/7 Panda watch! Thanks for the offer bro, will see how he goes. If I get really stuck I'll put up the request.. Can also get parts from Japan.

Back