Technical New UK front indicator bulbholders

Currently reading:
Technical New UK front indicator bulbholders

Noah500

1971 Fiat 500L LHD
OK, when UK-ising my front lighting (Italian import LHD) I swapped the headlamps for RHD headlamps which have the sidelights in them, moved the respective wires from the original combined sidelight/indicator light and put orange lenses on so that the indicator shows orange using the original twin filament bulbs.

Today I noticed that one of the indicator lenses had come loose, went to tighten it up and the screw holes in rubber/plastic bulbholder base are split, so the screw doesn't grip.

I searched but couldn't find a place that sells just the bulbholders (preferably for single filament bulbs i.e. I guess UK spec). I did find whole sets including lenses on ebay, which I will get if necessary but I ideally don't really need the lenses as I've just got replacements.

Any ideas on sources in the UK?

Cheers,

Simon

Last edited:
I bought a collection of spare parts last week which included these new top quality front indicators with backs made of metal & high density plastic with brass contacts. They take a single filament bulb. I could sell them without the lenses.

Attachments

• F836FB5D-F0FD-49C5-8264-EAF26CC38C06.jpeg
    F836FB5D-F0FD-49C5-8264-EAF26CC38C06.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 34
I bought a collection of spare parts last week which included these new top quality front indicators with backs made of metal & high density plastic with brass contacts. They take a single filament bulb. I could sell them without the lenses.

Foot note to this is that Noah500 went down the Ricambio route so I still have these front indicators which are correct UK specification and take a single filament bulb. Either an orange bulb with a clear lens to retain the Italian look or a standard bulb with an orange lens. Whilst I was at it I got out my box of other indicators for closer inspection. First thing I noticed that there were two different styles of lense, the older ones being closer to the N/D design. Secondly the plastic back ones, just like the metal ones had either bulb holders for single or twin filament bulbs. So I also managed to put together a pair of single filament plastic back ones if anybody needs some. Because of the way the bulb retaining pins are arranged you can’t fit single filament bulbs in twin filament bulb holders. I also carried out a close inspection of all of the ones available on line and eBay and they are all European spec for twin filament bulbs so if you have good UK spec units I suggest that you look after them :)

Back