Technical New GP Problem!!

Currently reading:
Technical New GP Problem!!

Viveks

Hi Guys

I had bought my car 1.2L Petrol version in May 2010
I have an interesting problem of car battery getting drained intermittently and hence i am not able to start the car

I use the car only in weekends and every 3rd or 4th weekend i find the car with battery completely drained
I have sent the car to the dealer ship who have checked for leakage current and found nothing to cause the battery to drain

I have observed that the radio automatically turns on on some occasions (not always) even when i have previously turned it off while using the car in the last occasion

Why does the radio turn on automatically when i switch on the ignition? I dont have blue n me technology in the car btw
Can i assume this can be the cause for my battery draining problems? Or is it something else..The people in the service center (in India service is outsourced to Tata Motors) are clue less
Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated :eek:

Uploaded the pic of Radio model
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

Attachments

• puntointeriors.jpg
    puntointeriors.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 57
No.. that isnt the problem..i know the feature where once the ignition is off the cd player runs for 20 minutes
the problem is even when i turn it off the cd player turns on when i turn on the ignition..It doesnt happen always and it happens intermittently..
I have seen a couple of thread on the same lines..but it was linked to the blue n me feature..but what is perplexing me that my variant doesnt have blue n me to intiate the cd player

Its not a permanent drain..The service station did check the current draw of battery during idle condition..it was negligible..
it happens intermittently..hence the difficulty of trouble shooting..
wondering whether the issue with the body control unit or the stereo itself?

yeah i ve done that..hoping and waiting to see if it is the issue :)

i had removed the power of the stereo and there has been no issue of battery draining for the last month or so..
so what do i assume? the problem is with the stereo or the body control unit? any insight will help!!

Back