General New gear knob problems. Richbook speed top

Currently reading:
General New gear knob problems. Richbook speed top

Harrison67

Hi, I drive a 2012 Fiat punto 6 speed with a lift up reverse mechanism. I bought the Richbook speed top gear knob which suits lift up reverse. However when i fit the rubbber things to help the gear knob fit, it blocks the lift up mechanism. I am thinking of cutting the rubbber bits in half to allow it to still lift up to select reverse. Does anyone have any idea or suggestions on what to do? I am unsure on whether it will still work if I cut the rubber tube in half

Hi, I drive a 2012 Fiat punto 6 speed with a lift up reverse mechanism. I bought the Richbook speed top gear knob which suits lift up reverse. However when i fit the rubbber things to help the gear knob fit, it blocks the lift up mechanism. I am thinking of cutting the rubbber bits in half to allow it to still lift up to select reverse. Does anyone have any idea or suggestions on what to do? I am unsure on whether it will still work if I cut the rubber tube in half
From Experiance aftermarket Gear knobs are usually pretty terrible, these days I'd just get an OEM replacement and not waste my time.

As long as its attached and gripping on ok I don't see an issue with cutting the rubber down.

From Experiance aftermarket Gear knobs are usually pretty terrible, these days I'd just get an OEM replacement and not waste my time.

As long as its attached and gripping on ok I don't see an issue with cutting the rubber down.
What is so terrible about them? Is it the fit or just the overall quality?

What is so terrible about them? Is it the fit or just the overall quality?
usually the fit. I have had uplifts before where they are not big enough and the uplift sticks in the bottom of the gearknob or like you've found they don't fit properly without fitting spacers, then the spacers are not designed to fit correctly.

usually the fit. I have had uplifts before where they are not big enough and the uplift sticks in the bottom of the gearknob or like you've found they don't fit properly without fitting spacers, then the spacers are not designed to fit correctly
For the one I have it’s just the rubber tube that’s too long. Do u reckon I should look elsewhere or try and cut the tube to allow the lift up some room?

Back