General New Fiat 500 and 500C colors

Currently reading:
General New Fiat 500 and 500C colors

It seems many new things will come with the 500C:
- new engine(s)
https://www.fiatforum.com/500/193997-new-diesel-engine-1-3-16v-95hp.html
- new bi xenon headlights
- new rear suspension with stabilizing bar (sorry I'm not sure this is the correct English name of that thing, so please correct me if i'm wrong!)
sospensione_post_14.jpg

- and new colors

I think most of us already know about the new gray and red colors. The bad thing is that these will be avalilable for the 500C only but there will be a new light blue color as well and it seems this color will be avalilable for the normal 500!!

Attachments

• raoroz.png
    raoroz.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 481
  • 3538h9v.png
    3538h9v.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 513
  • 27zk7ef.png
    27zk7ef.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Defo the Ford one, they 'nicked' it for the Abarth and it works a treat, good to see it on the 500c hopefully it will soon make its way on down the line.

Good news though; product improvement.

I like the grey, a lot, and the baby blue looks to be exactly the colour I was wanting. Need to see it in the flesh of course, but light pastels suit the 500 very well.

What are bi xenon headlights? :confused:

Projector (polyellipsoidal) lamps

In this system a filament is located at one focus of an ellipsoidal reflector and has a condenser lens at the front of the lamp. A shade is located at the image plane, between the reflector and lens, and the projection of the top edge of this shade provides the low-beam cutoff. The shape of the shade edge, and its exact position in the optical system, determines the shape and sharpness of the cutoff.[12] The shade may have a solenoid actuated pivot to provide both low and high beam — the shade is removed from the light path to create high beam, and placed in the light path to create low beam, and such optics are known as BiXenon or BiHalogen projectors, depending on the light source used. If there is no such arrangement, the cutoff shade is fixed in the light path, in which case separate high-beam lamps are required. The condenser lens may have slight fresnel rings or other surface treatments to reduce cutoff sharpness. Recent condenser lenses incorporate optical features specifically designed to direct some light upward towards the locations of retroreflective overhead road signs.
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlights[/ame]

How would that work on a 500 given the mains are located in a completely seperate housing to the dipped? Would those with the BiX's only have DRLs in the center lamps? So many questions.

How would that work on a 500 given the mains are located in a completely seperate housing to the dipped? Would those with the BiX's only have DRLs in the center lamps? So many questions.

That's what I was wondering! It doesn't make sense...

Hi all, have been annoying the nice people at Fiat about potential colour changes in the future (I know, painfully superficial, but hey, the rest of it is pretty much double-dutch to me, so be kind), and the word if that this blue that might come from Italy might not :mad:. Apparently not all It specs will be brought westwards to us.
However, the chap I spoke with did say that in time there will be new releases in terms of colours, and I did pass forward the word from the FiatForum that we're all in unison (well, pretty much?) that some of the best colours have been pulled. He said, and I don't know if this was cryptically in a 'we know, but it's not being released yet' kind of way that "Fiat may just surprise people disappointed with the recent colour changes". (y)

Hi all, have been annoying the nice people at Fiat about potential colour changes in the future (I know, painfully superficial, but hey, the rest of it is pretty much double-dutch to me, so be kind), and the word if that this blue that might come from Italy might not :mad:. Apparently not all It specs will be brought westwards to us.
However, the chap I spoke with did say that in time there will be new releases in terms of colours, and I did pass forward the word from the FiatForum that we're all in unison (well, pretty much?) that some of the best colours have been pulled. He said, and I don't know if this was cryptically in a 'we know, but it's not being released yet' kind of way that "Fiat may just surprise people disappointed with the recent colour changes". (y)

Good work (y) I may get my parents into a 500 yet then! :):)

Back