General Need help sourcing headlight

Currently reading:
General Need help sourcing headlight

pcb

Hi all, wonder if anyone can help me, I need a left hand headlight for my Panda active 2011, it failed MOT on being to high and its wobbly, garage that did my suspension struts £310 seems fair? are having trouble sourcing an aftermarket one and my re-test runs out on Wednesday the 18th, is it possible to get an extensions to these ? Are Autodoc any good on line, I'm a bit flumoxed, cant get about so well in scrapyards etc due to emphysema, Any suggestions gratefully recieved. Oh I,m in SK10 area. cheers

Don't know if I've put that wrong, I'm just after a headlamp

I am guessing the mount here has snapped after a little love tap

IMG_20231010_172615.jpg

Original JB Weld slow cure will stick this

Just rough up the area first and strengthen the gap with something, screws, bits of wood, or anything

You can even fabricate a new bracket and self tap it into place

The hight is adjusable with this Adjuster at the back

Poor bulbs can throw them out widly

IMG_20231010_172701.jpg

Last edited:
Many thanks for this, I will have a close up look tomorrow morning, it's funny really been taking the panda to the same place and its passed 3 MOT's with the same problem ie aiming a little high and a bit wobbly but they have overlooked it as minor, the dealer I bought it from had wedged a piece of plastic underneath and its still there, cheers

I don't think it will be an off the shelf part at most motor factors

Wednesday will probably will not be doable secondhand

Personally in this time frame a repair is the better option,

Reactions: pcb
Bought a o/s r/h one from S4P a week ago £131 delivered free, with the FF discount included. Delivered next morning. EBay sources aplenty have them at down to £59 for aftermarked makes that may well be fine. ECP have them on the shelf for £175. The S4P is a Magnetti Marelli unit which is the OEM maker.
S4P telephone 01274 734082 S4P are Bradford.

Thanks, think ECP have the left hand one at £145, was looking at this one and sent my reg and vin number the seller said it looked the same but the part numbers were different when he looked it up, I don't know whether to risk buying it.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks, think ECP have the left hand one at £145, was looking at this one and sent my reg and vin number the seller said it looked the same but the part numbers were different when he looked it up, I don't know whether to risk buying it.
There are plenty on ebay from trusted sellers that promise 2 or 3 day delivery and even click and collect.

You presumably will need to pull the old one out to replace it and the car also presumably doesn't have an MOT at the minute? so just get the old headlight off the car, plumb it into Ebay and buy one from a seller offering a short delivery or click and collect which ever is easiest for you.

when the new one arrives get it fitted ASAP and off back to the test center.

It is worth noting there is no requirement for free retests, if it fails the garage can quite rightly charge you a full fee for a retest, but many offer it as a way to get customers coming back or to keep customers in to do the work in the garage then guarantee a retest will pass once that one or two items of remedial work are done. your only way to "extend" the retest would be to negotiate with the garage but I am sure they will say no, given that you're planning to take the car elsewhere or do it yourself, they have nothing to gain from you having an extension, and something else could break by then that could mean a failure for something else so they may want to completely retest the car again if you leave it too long.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I wanted them to do the work but they were booked up for 3 wks, must say I haven't seen that many on ebay

must say I haven't seen that many on ebay

Really I got 400+ results when searching for "panda headlight left 2003" admittadly they are not all what you are looking for but a huge number of them are exactly the right year and headlight for the car you need.

and still 200+ when reducing the price to <£60 and new items only.

One thing I would point out is this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394294832361?fits=Car+Make:Fiat|Cars+Year:2003|Model:panda&hash=item5bcdcdace9:g:fQ0AAOSwuYlkuWif&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA8EfuFabh9QZkMWSR36aE0Pg0r2Vbwni+bljWxb1nWw/0bBcTfhBebej/79bGgVeVTF2BJlTFnD9zdpDDRl3eBR6HcvZBfbnSPx8IXFNQbnflSFLDrtDpYiJofEgKILkQtuoHxe6uibbQCEbtGo25Cc8MHquL/S4tKn89Woax0vS9oc9JUFBTu3zrzHeiE5EjlRPdj/re57/CX6npAQ58ridgdMFqcMyo9d8r/sRmWyrKYUPGosblge//J7jJOMEFYIvT3+yWVRhM8wCeGJkVIfDuIzlJtwU1hiU4AriLWq8tkwG5zm4OGu4rSdr4EKYicQ==|tkp:BFBMrvreteNi&LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=3

Which would appear to solve your problem for about £10

I saw that bracket but wasn't sure how it would work, will have a think on it, my search showed a few headlights and loads of bulbs etc

A patch up would suit me fine but how would I get the immovable light so its level with the other

I must be missing something

PCBs car is 2011

Pre 2010 will not be a straight swap

Nothings going to ship until tomorrow night now

week on Wednesday is no problem, 3 day delevery is fine

Last edited:
Reactions: pcb
"Pre 2010 will not be a straight swap" thanks for that info koalar. I have some Gorilla epoxy sets in 5 mins stuff unopened so will be going for the codge up to try and get the MOT

Agree with glue for MOT. If more permanent repair is needed afterwards, and the light is good apart from one or more broken brackets:
Repair brackets used to be a genuine part with proper FIAT part number, and the brackets on the light are designed to break on impact.
Most (maybe all) are now aftermarket ones, but are fairly simple to fit.
They are normally supplied as all 3 brackets for one side, so you do need to get the correct side.
Last ones I bought were about £7, but they seem to have gone up to about £10.

Back