General Need help on a couple of Q:s

Currently reading:
General Need help on a couple of Q:s

Hi all,

I need advice in a couple of things I'd like to make in my car. I have '09 GP 1.2 8v.

1. I just changed my Nokia for an iPhone and as my old handsfree does not work very good anymore (and I always forget to recharge its battery) I would like to install something more permanent in the car. From the research I've made, Parrot offers good BT car kits that are compatible with the OEM headunit. Has anyone got a Parrot installed in their GP? Would like to hear any opinions. Also, which model should I go for, and are there other quality alternatives?

2. I want to tint my rear windows. Just the ones in the rear doors, as in my country, I can not legally tint the rear window. I am just wondering if I should go for 5% or 20% film. 5% would probably look nicer in a black car?

3. The sewings in my gearknob are falling apart. Has anyboy tried resewing the OEM leather knob?

Hi all,

I need advice in a couple of things I'd like to make in my car. I have '09 GP 1.2 8v.

1. I just changed my Nokia for an iPhone and as my old handsfree does not work very good anymore (and I always forget to recharge its battery) I would like to install something more permanent in the car. From the research I've made, Parrot offers good BT car kits that are compatible with the OEM headunit. Has anyone got a Parrot installed in their GP? Would like to hear any opinions. Also, which model should I go for, and are there other quality alternatives? My dad has a parrot in his saab - works fine but including the phone holder it takes up half the dash and looks bloody awfull, if its a company car then fine but please dont do it to your own car (n)

2. I want to tint my rear windows. Just the ones in the rear doors, as in my country, I can not legally tint the rear window. I am just wondering if I should go for 5% or 20% film. 5% would probably look nicer in a black car?
You can go quite dark on those windows as the light coming in from the rest of the untinted windows will downgrade how dark they are ie: a dark tint will look like a medium tint most of the time due to the light from the rear window, it depends on your taste but a limo black side would look strange with a normal rear window

3. The sewings in my gearknob are falling apart. Has anyboy tried resewing the OEM leather knob?
I wouldnt bother, if you dont have a sporting model buy a sporting gear knob off ebay and fit that - or just buy another if you find a cheap one

Back