General Need advice

Currently reading:
General Need advice

RottenRhon

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at buying a 500 from new soon. In fact I'm starting going to dealerships next week :D

This will be the first car I've ever bought from brand spanking new so does anyone have any advice for me please? I want to be sensible about it and not just get too excited haha.

Thanks

Rhon

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at buying a 500 from new soon. In fact I'm starting going to dealerships next week :D

This will be the first car I've ever bought from brand spanking new so does anyone have any advice for me please? I want to be sensible about it and not just get too excited haha.

Thanks

Rhon

Did you have anything in mind yet? Any version in particular you like?

Decide what you 'must have' before you go, otherwise you may be persuaded to buy something you won't be happy with.
If you want a specific colour be prepared to wait, they will try to persuade you to take a stock vehicle. If your not fussed about colour pick an obscure colour and then use that to get a better deal on one of their stock cars.

Last edited:
I'd like a 1.2 Pop in chillout purple, with the light steering wheel, and the chrome pack.

Purple is my favourite colour anyway but I was lucky enough to see one in real life and it was so pretty!

How long have you had yours for?

Lovely spec. Looks like you know what you want already.
Using the configuration on the Fiat website will give you a good insight into all the options / choices.

I kept using the website to decide what I want :)

I didnt want the dealership to try and convince me into anything that I didnt really want.

I've been such a bore to people, I keep going on about it and I havent even gone to a dealership yet. When I get my new car Im going to be insufferable. That's why I thought I would join here, as you all seem to understand the excitement.

How long did the whole buying process take for you lot?

That's ages!

It's worth the wait to get the spec you want.
Bear in mind they are produced in Poland and they are on holiday this month. If you compromise on your desired spec. in order to get a car quicker, my guess is that you will regret not waiting.

Yeah, I would wait to get exactly what I want. I'm just impatient for a lovely new purple car.

Scout500 - I stalked your pics and your car is beautiful!

Thanks, I was told by the dealer that when I ordered mine no other 'c' was in the country with the ivory roof. :D . My last car was a 2.7ltr V6, and I don't miss it one bit. Stick to your guns and get what you want, you won't regret it. These are fun characterful little cars which don't seem too small when you're in them. Mine has surprised some of my friends who thought I was mad for getting one.

Last edited:
I went from VW Phaeton to a 500. It would fit in the boot of a Phaeton lol.
Not looked back. In fact I have re discovered motoring.

My dad is going to come with me to go to dealerships on Thursday. He can be sensible and I can just get far far too excited :p

It's a good idea to take someone else with you. When I picked up my car I was so excited that I almost forgot to ask all the important questions, luckily my dad was with me so he played 20 questions with the dealer :p

Back