Nasa satellite moon crash

Currently reading:
Nasa satellite moon crash

So yesterday Nasa crash 2 satellites onto a mountain on the moon.

They apparently chose these mountains so that they wouldn't accidentally disturb the moon landing sights.
Now call me a conspiracy theorist but how come after orbiting the moon for over a year they didn't strap a camera to one of them to take a few aerial pics of the lunar lander and space buggies etc?

They can land a rover on Mars and send back video, but we still have to pics of the moon landings apart from the ones brought back from there.

Can anyone enlighten me please? :)

NASA spend millions on the best and brightest minds calculating weight limits, etc. Considering these 2 probes' sole purpose was to measure gravitational forces I doubt strapping a camera to them and adding extra unnecessary weight in order to satisfy the conspiracy theorists was high on their list of priorities.

You can't view the moon landing sites from the earth even with the most powerful telescopes, and two satellites they crashed into the moon did not carry cameras as they where for gravity monitoring only and didn't need cameras fitted.

Not that there aren't dozens of pictures you can find on the net released in the last year or so taken by an orbiting satellite of the moon landing sites.

Back