Technical My punto wont start :(

Currently reading:
Technical My punto wont start :(

hjalte81

Hi everyone.. You guys have helped me in the past and perhaps you are able to help me again...

I own a punto mk1 60. I couple of days ago I run almost out of gas, and the motor stopped just a few feet before the gas stand. I had some troble getting it to start again, but I waited five minutes and got it to start.

Now a few weeks after, I cant start the car.

One time after when I was driving on the freeway the car felt wierd. It was kinda like one of the cylinders didnt go properbly. It stopped after I shut the motor off and started the car again. There has been nothing since.

I dont think its the battery becouse you can hear the starter.
It is very cold in denmark now (freezing).

Really hope you guys can help :confused:

One of the injectors is probabily gunked up with the drap from the bottom of the fuel tank when you run it low. Run some redex/ injector cleaner through and some good quality fuel

One of the injectors is probabily gunked up with the drap from the bottom of the fuel tank when you run it low. Run some redex/ injector cleaner through and some good quality fuel

thanks...
But what is redex and how should i run it trough?

Its an injector cleaner, we have it here in the uk, You should have the same or similar product, have a look in motorfactors local to you

You put it in the fuel tank along with a certain quantity of fuel (it says on the bottle)

Its an injector cleaner, we have it here in the uk, You should have the same or similar product, have a look in motorfactors local to you

You put it in the fuel tank along with a certain quantity of fuel (it says on the bottle)

Okay.. Thanks!

But what should I do now, that I cant turn on the engine?
I mean, if the cleaner never gets to the injectors then it wont do any good...or?

My Punto Mk 1 1999 60 will not start either! Pulling into shell garage for petrol because i was low and it konked out! no life in it at all, filled it with petrol but still didnt start!

btw think its a bit weird how both our cars konked out outside a petrol station haha

Back