12102010057.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto MK2b

Introduction

Well I had removed my old thread a while back as I was doing a few bits and bobs over christmas, just had a spare set of Mirrors, Handles and Bump Strips sprayed the few dents pulled out and was busy refurbing my wheels.

Then on the way home from my girlfriends I hit a nice bit of black ice on the apex of a bend lost control for a bit got control again then a merc coming opposite way hit my front end, so car was written off after the accident :(:(.

As it was before crash

And After

Really loved my little car didnt realise how great little puntos are until ive had to drive a Corsa C ,Agila (The single worst car ive ever driven) and a Clio neither are anywhere as near as much fun to drive.

Anyway now looking for another Punto :)
id love to dot his but i dont get the whole polarity thing, do you have to put certain ones in certain places? Or the same ones in a correct order? Confused by all that jargon :confused:

simple to change the LED's mate...centre console ones are the same...just remove the panel, unscrew the rear and the circuit board is there desolder old and reesolder new ones...like deekstar says the LED's are tiny and have to use tweezers to hold them whilst soldering, also note the plarity get it wrong way and it wont work (red LED's hae opposite polarity)

to do the dails just remove cluster and strip it down...just clips and screws...the buttons are fiddly to get off and needles i found...do the same to it as long as you note which side the little cut out is on you will be fine...rest your elbow against a wall whilst doing it to keep hand steady :)

to refit needles are a bit of a pain they are on stepper motor thingy so mark the positions then you have to fiddle with them turning the ful circles to reset the motors and to set position of just below the stop then ignition on the check get there in the end lol

Should also add my list of desired modifications:

• Defried Egg the side repeaters
  • Destrip the sides and Debadge
  • New Grill (already ordered)
  • Fit RCL and Window Closure (also Ordered)
  • Fix Bonnet Cable
  • Finish the summer wheels refurb for the summer if it ever comes
  • Get a new boot courtesy light got a plug but no light :bang:
  • Fix and Fit my HGT Centre Console and buy rear section
  • Lowering (Got the Springs)
  • Custom DRL's got most of the bits already lying around
  • Colour Coded Mirrors and Handles
  • Fit my Head Unit and Speakers from old car
  • Probably More.....

Dials and Console light took me 20 mins to remove and strip down and and hour to solder rebuild and refit, the LEDs are marked though with an arrow on the LED itself so note polarity, you can draw it on paper roughly mark where the arrow goes on that.

Thats the PCB if you open the pic and zoom look at the LED's and you can see the notched corner.

So as the weather was nice last few days the car has had some work done.

Side Strips and badges have been removed and all related gunk under them lol took all of 30 mins to do the lot :).

New Grill is on

Bulbs Upgraded to slightly more white ones

Front and Rear speakers fitted and door pillar tweeters removed

That was some smash!!! Top Totty Puinto for coping so well.

No way am I suggesting you blag it for whiplash, but get your neck & back checked by a chiropractor. They are medically trained and they worry about ligaments tendons and joints. Not free but (unlike teeth) you cant get a false neck when it wears out

The NHS make sure there are no bone fractures then leave you to come back in 15 years with early onset arthritis. Which they cant do anything about. So they give you pills and then have you back to sort out the damage caused by side effects.

Good advice got checked over for back spine injuries got a family friend who does it, pics up later not been home for a few days lol, I did injure my thumb took a day or 2 for it to start hurting though think it got caught when wheel whipped round nothing major though.

Gotta admit they are tough little blighters for there size had that been a saxo id be buried by now

Ok been a while got a few small updates and a pic or 2 mostly just cleaned it as it was a bit filthy :D

btw its only half lowered got my rear springs done only to find my spring compressors had gone missing :bang:

So here it is as it stands

Ok been a while got a few small updates and a pic or 2 mostly just cleaned it as it was a bit filthy :D

btw its only half lowered got my rear springs done only to find my spring compressors had gone missing :bang:

So here it is as it stands

did you just steal my car out my drive way or what? :confused: lol nice choice in car mate:devil:

So this months update:

As for mods absolutely nothing well Alfa Wheels and filled and primed but i'm skint after repairs.

So Far:
2 New Front Tyres
New Exhaust centre section
Full Service apparently its got a full service history but i found original spark plugs, original oil filter and a filthy throttle body
and then today was driving into town and car started feeling funny getting to 3000rpms and then revs started flying up but car wasnt going any faster so assumed clutch was slipping so got the last 1/2 mile to get it parked and smoke started pouring into cab through vents, opened bonnet and looks worse than first thought leaking oil from gearbox so not 100% sure whats wrong yet but ive got my friend dropping the box out on saturday to have a look.

So this months update:

As for mods absolutely nothing well Alfa Wheels and filled and primed but i'm skint after repairs.

So Far:
2 New Front Tyres
Full Service apparently its got a full service history but i found original spark plugs, original oil filter and a filthy throttle body
and then today was driving into town and car started feeling funny getting to 3000rpms and then revs started flying up but car wasnt going any faster so assumed clutch was slipping so got the last 1/2 mile to get it parked and smoke started pouring into cab through vents, opened bonnet and looks worse than first thought leaking oil from gearbox so not 100% sure whats wrong yet but ive got my friend dropping the box out on saturday to have a look.

Sounds like what i had, I'd imagine gearbox is knackered mate!! Then that has dripped onto your clutch plate causing it to slip.

If you need new gearbox make sure you get a recon one otherwise you're talking 500 smackers.

Nicee motor tho :)

So gearbox has been acquired the guy thats actually doing the work who is a friend is a sprayer/panel beater to trade but does anything lol, was down at the place he picks up cat d cars to do them up to resell and spotted a punto with rear damage, think its a 2000 plate but has had a mintish gearbox and clutch so bought the whole car for £100 lol extra spares, it was nothing special 110000 on the clock 1.2 8v finished in red well pink now and with black bumpers well a front one anyway.

Hopefully get the box out on saturday looks really clean compared to the rest of the engine anyway, my guy said its looks like both box and clutch were done recently so while the whole fronts off my car its getting its springs done and a timing belt as well yey more bills

Last edited:
are u sure your cars 05 plate ? it looks like sum1 has tryed to buy a numberplate that says smoke on it but only spent like 200 quid so got a **** 1 lol

Got my new car :)

05 Plate Punto Active Sport
Pole Blue
FSH
55000 miles
Very Nice Condition
New Tyres
New Wipers
New CV Joints
New Bushes
New Disks and Pads

Bad Points:
Snapped Bonnet Release Cable £20 Fix Hopefully

Hopefully get some pics in the daylight

So this months update:

So Far:
2 New Front Tyres

if im reading this right:

So your tyres lasted you less than 4 months?........ that could probably explain the gear box letting go too ;)

Yeah its an 05 plate, yeah it does look like a poverty spec smoke plate lol, no tyres had plenty of tread on them I ran over a huge screw with one no idea how only been on main roads recently and the other one was slashed along with 8 other cars on the street, so car is now parked well when I get it back at the hotel near me as they have CCTV in the car park, would have rather he/she slashed the back tyre as they will need doing before the winter kicks in and wouldnt have been as annoyed.

just wondering how you got the bonnet open when the cable snapped and how easy it was to replace? mines just snapped :(.. oh ps nice car :)

Back