bennyspunto.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto 1.2

Introduction

My Punto MK2 1.2

Had the car since January 2012 and have been doing a few things there and there so here's what I've done:

Interior

• New Front Speakers
  • 12" Subwoofer
  • Head Unit
  • Sporting Steering Wheel
  • Custom Gear Knob

Exterior

• Debadged the Fiat on the boot
  • Painted Rear Drums
  • Tinted Side Windows
  • Tinted Boot Door Window

Here's what she looks like:

Plans

• Ford Focus Induction Kit
  • Abarth Alloys
  • Abarth front and rear bumpers
  • Partial Respray (after some woman decided to hit my car from the side! :mad: )
  • Footwell neons
  • Replace headlights (as current ones seem to have this unremoval dirt)
  • Buy a better head unit with USB :p
  • And much more :D

Shall keep this thread updated as I progress with this car :)

Feel free to comment (y)
I envy you, i wish i could get myself away from facebook. Life would be better. I'm thankful i killed my blackberry, as atleast i can't access facebook on the go currently, on the piece of s**t, early 2000's phone i'm using atm :D

And HURRAY ben for getting your car through its MOT at long last :)

Last edited:
Just a little update :devil:

So as everyone or most knows it passed MOT yesterday, so earlier today I took it for a long awaited spin about! :D So I did and took it to get washed and the engine steamed cleaned (which led to limp mode for a few miles :p), nothing majorly done yet as in mods - that's to come soon! ;)

But here's a lovely photo of her showing her natural shine and all that goodness! :slayer:

A little update on this lovely Saturday morning! :D

So I got a few advisories on my passed MOT certificate so I've sorted this one issue out which was the bump stops in the rear coils were loose/snapped so in other words just laying on their sides chilling out!

So here's a picture of the N/S bump stop before fixing it:

Yes, I used electric tape at one stage in attempt to hold it down - that failed obviously....:p

And this is what it looks like now!

Also here's a picture of the O/S:

Now I just have to sort my loose steering cowling out and that's my advisories all cleared! (y)

On a bad note she's all dirty again, damn you weather!!! :(

New update! :D

So okay maybe the update above wasn't all that interesting but never mind :p
Here's an interesting one............

Yep, I've fitted an LED in my boot wired straight to the boot light and yes I know MESSY boot :eek: but ah well :)

Still looks nice I think......

Last edited:
I never remember having advisories for bumpstops. Before i changed my suspension due to it calapsing :') they had already fallen out haha

I guess it depends on the tester really some are picky and some aren't, besides advisories are only there to save the testers butt also to draw your attention to the issues your totally oblivious to or they like to think you are..... :D

Me though it's just pure laziness, saying that I wouldn't be lazy if it was a more serious issue but come on bump stops really?

picard-facepalm.jpg

Ah well.... :yum:

Last edited:
Anoither update for me little punto! :p

So today I was like hmmm what can I do to make it a pracitcal day? hmmm... :idea:

I know get my aftermarket stereo ignition timed, so i dont have to mess about with the stereo as in turning it on and off so when engien on im ready to go! :D

So heres a video of it in action:

Its amazing what you can do with a few tools and spare wire :yum:

Anoither update for me little punto! :p

So today I was like hmmm what can I do to make it a pracitcal day? hmmm... :idea:

I know get my aftermarket stereo ignition timed, so i dont have to mess about with the stereo as in turning it on and off so when engien on im ready to go! :D

So heres a video of it in action:

Fiat punto mk2 ignition timed aftermakret stereo - YouTube

Its amazing what you can do with a few tools and spare wire :yum:

haha nice dude! city steering on? ;)

Back