bennyspunto.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto 1.2

Introduction

My Punto MK2 1.2

Had the car since January 2012 and have been doing a few things there and there so here's what I've done:

Interior

• New Front Speakers
  • 12" Subwoofer
  • Head Unit
  • Sporting Steering Wheel
  • Custom Gear Knob

Exterior

• Debadged the Fiat on the boot
  • Painted Rear Drums
  • Tinted Side Windows
  • Tinted Boot Door Window

Here's what she looks like:

Plans

• Ford Focus Induction Kit
  • Abarth Alloys
  • Abarth front and rear bumpers
  • Partial Respray (after some woman decided to hit my car from the side! :mad: )
  • Footwell neons
  • Replace headlights (as current ones seem to have this unremoval dirt)
  • Buy a better head unit with USB :p
  • And much more :D

Shall keep this thread updated as I progress with this car :)

Feel free to comment (y)
Sorry guys haven't had much time to update this thread, now this is sort of a big update I have now fitted an aftermarket RCL (Remote Central Locking) kit to the car, just so everyone knows no my model didn't have C/L it's a bog standard key unlock one door...BORING! :devil: So brought the kit took me two days to fit as I had a few complications and believe I've never cursed so much in my life :p

So here's a video you can watch to see it in action, for those who are going to the trafford meet on Thursday will see it in person ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw73O5PLfjo&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

Laters (y)

wow fantastic youtube video
it deserves an oscar its that good
Steven Speilberg should be on the phone to you in literally days:D;)

one question
did you just wire the front indicators up to flash?

wow fantastic youtube video
it deserves an oscar its that good
Steven Speilberg should be on the phone to you in literally days:D;)

one question
did you just wire the front indicators up to flash?

:eek: really or do i sense a bit of sarcasm? :p And nah I didn't I read from the instructions to use a pink wire to splice and attach to the ECU/Receiver for the RCL :)

:eek: really or do i sense a bit of sarcasm? :p And nah I didn't I read from the instructions to use a pink wire to splice and attach to the ECU/Receiver for the RCL :)

reason i asked was ive been fitting some rcl 's lately but was advised not to connect to all indicator circuits
i just wondered if all your lights flashed or just certain ones:)

reason i asked was ive been fitting some rcl 's lately but was advised not to connect to all indicator circuits
i just wondered if all your lights flashed or just certain ones:)

Mind if I ask why it's not advised? And yeah entire indicators flash twice for unlock and once for lock.....Is it a bad thing to use the indicators cause I thought it doesn't really matter what they are wired up to to tell you the car is either unlocked or locked....I could be wrong and I'd happily be proved wrong :)

Mind if I ask why it's not advised? And yeah entire indicators flash twice for unlock and once for lock.....Is it a bad thing to use the indicators cause I thought it doesn't really matter what they are wired up to to tell you the car is either unlocked or locked....I could be wrong and I'd happily be proved wrong :)

it puts a back voltage into the bsi
i havent used any indicator circuits for this reason
was thinking of wiring an extra bulb and wiring into one front and rear indicator lens

you might be safe its just i dont want any back :)

it puts a back voltage into the bsi
i havent used any indicator circuits for this reason
was thinking of wiring an extra bulb and wiring into one front and rear indicator lens

you might be safe its just i dont want any back :)

Ah okay I've only used the pink wire thats above the diagnostic socket on the internal fuse box, the car hasn't had any problems from using this cable. I will see how it goes but you could be right I could be safe or I might not be we'll soon see :)

Ahh very nice :) where they just a straight swap? No extra wiring needed?

Correct just a straight swap, although to power up the halo rings you will need to wire them up to a feed which I used the side lights. You have 4 wires which are two positives and two negatives wire those in and you'll have power for your halo rings :D I love them!

After doing some little research I found out why my halo rings were dim, it's because I wired them incorrectly :bang: and now there are nice and bright as I can get them! ;)

Here's a picture of one of the headlights with just the side lights on.

Now I just need to adjust the dipped beams and I think that's the headlights sorted, of course I'll be buying much better bulbs for the headlights too :cool:

That's it for now!

Hey guys,

I haven't updated this thread in a while, and this is due to ill health which I'm on the mend now....and during this time I've now got rid of the door vinyl's, and fitted the factory electric adjusters to the angel headlights - downside doing this I can't put the covers back on :bang: but least now I can adjust the headlights at the pleasure of being inside the car! :p

Later on today I will be doing some more work to the car as in fitting some LED's there and there and using a relay to turn them on and off with a switch, seems more practical that way in my opinion of course ;)

I've also added another Monster sticker to the car, what can I say I'm a monster addict :rolleyes:

Anyway here's a picture of the doors and the electric adjusters wired in - will post pictures of the LED's when they are fitted, might even do a video as well if I can be bothered!

PICTURE TIME :D

^ When she was all nice and clean, yep didn't last long in this nasty weather!

Took this picture as soon as I removed the vinyl

And lastly, here's a picture of the electric adjuster wired up :)

As I said before, I will upload pictures of the LED's when I've fitted them :)

That's it for now!

Not much of an update but here's a recent picture of the car, yes it was dirty when taking this picture but had such a nice background couldn't resist! :D

But I've not had a chance to do anything further to the car because, of the past weeks I've had a poorly foot and I'm on crutches still although I'm hoping I get better soon so I can do further mods to the car :)

Anyway here's the picture:

Laters!

But I've not had a chance to do anything further to the car because, of the past weeks I've had a poorly foot and I'm on crutches still although I'm hoping I get better soon so I can do further mods to the car :)

It's looking really good (even when dirty...)! Nice photo, too...! (y)

Hope the foot gets better, soon.... :)

It's looking really good (even when dirty...)! Nice photo, too...! (y)

Hope the foot gets better, soon.... :)

Thanks man :) I'm doing my best to look after it, as they say if you look after a car it'll look after you :D

And yeah me too, although I'm slowly coming off crutches but still painful and not nice (n) but it's like being born again learning how to walk! :p

Last edited:
Just read through all of this thread, keep the updates coming(y) as for the wheels, I think they look really good on the punto but if you sell them, let me know(y)

Cheers, I will do :) And yeah I like the alloys on the car but probably at some point next year will probably get different alloys so keep an eye on this thread (y)

Back