General My New 500S Twinair

Currently reading:
General My New 500S Twinair

Geo89

Now the proud owner of a 500S Twinair. Its completely standard apart from the red paint and addition of the front fog lights. Picked it up last night. Love it to pieces, shame the weather didn't want to stay dry for me but I went for a nice spin today so has around 60 miles on the clock now :)

Looks great, I thought the S came with dark chrome door handles similar to the wheels are is it just the light in the photo? Enjoy!

The handles are like a satin chrome finish not quite as dark as the wheels.

Your 500s looks fantastic buddy, I did go to buy one of these in red, but when I arrived they had a GQ which I said I'd buy, then struggled with insurance company finding the model and was alot of hassle, so changed my mind back to the 500s in red like yours and see your picks I think I made the right choice because yours does look cool. GQ is alot if money to add leather seats and advertise a mag lol. Hope you enjoy your 500S

Thanks guys, really enjoying it so far and sure that's going to continue. My first brand new car so happy haha. Yeah I went into the showroom originally looking at a blue one but they had this model sat there and I fell in love with the colour its such a fantastic red.

Dean - I did take a look at the GQ myself but I didn't think it was worth the extra cash. Definitely made the best choice!

And no the handles are definitely lighter than the alloys.

Is it the American front, and back maybe? Just looks a bit similar, but I haven't checked.

Now, if they engineered a proper glove box like the American car has, and the Panda , they'd be cooking. Add in the suspension tweaks that give the Panda such a cosseting ride and they'd be cooking on gas :D

Is it the American front, and back maybe? Just looks a bit similar, but I haven't checked.

Now, if they engineered a proper glove box like the American car has, and the Panda , they'd be cooking. Add in the suspension tweaks that give the Panda such a cosseting ride and they'd be cooking on gas :D

Ohhhhh, whats this glove box the American market gets :confused:

It is similar to the US models but not the same.

I have owned a 500 for exactly 50 months and have never once missed the glovebox :)

That's exactly what my salesman said, nobody mentions it.

But where does the handbook/torch/spare bulbs/pen/notebook/satnav etc. go, especially if there isn't the underseat storage? And that little drawer thing is helpful but not really up to a lot.

Having said that I know one girl who has had a 500 for a year and only found out how to switch on the fog lights last week when a friend pointed out the switch to her :confused:

She loves her 500 though, and hasn't had a thing go wrong, and she does horrendous mileages too.

I'd have one too in a couple of years, but not before they fix a few small things... ;)

My handbook has Velcro on it and fixes to the carpet on the side of the boot. I've downloaded the PDF which lives on my tablet for quick reference if I'm indoors.

Aside from the sat nav, which of those items are going to prompt someone to break into a car? The only way someone is going to break into my car is if they fancy the Angry Birds plush figures which are jammed into the glove box :)

Aside from the sat nav, which of those items are going to prompt someone to break into a car? The only way someone is going to break into my car is if they fancy the Angry Birds plush figures which are jammed into the glove box :)

Shouldn't leave anything on display :nono:

So where do I start? iPod is often in glove box, plus looks untidy paper work floating about in there, and should you roll the car, suddenly things are flying about everywhere knocking you out :p

iPod? I have a flash drive. The only thing in the glovevoid which could hurt me are a spare bulb kit and.... well that's about it.

Back