General My Mk1 Punto 55s 1.1

Currently reading:
General My Mk1 Punto 55s 1.1

corky

Mk2 Punto Sporting 1.2
Well i was going to sell this beauty but i realised not to be a numpty and keep her ive put soo much time and effort in... well you've got to do your bit :rolleyes: so what do we think of my Punto 55s 1.1?? :cool:

Attachments

• DSC00277.JPG
    DSC00277.JPG
    347.4 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00262.JPG
    DSC00262.JPG
    444 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC00278.JPG
    DSC00278.JPG
    412.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00280.JPG
    DSC00280.JPG
    399.1 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00183.JPG
    DSC00183.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00233.JPG
    DSC00233.JPG
    661.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00232.JPG
    DSC00232.JPG
    681.8 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00167.JPG
    DSC00167.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 18
The Punto Mk1 one is a real Italian car. Fairly compact, looking great, quite some performance for what it is and quite a versatile car.

Shame that quite a few went to car heaven with the scrappage scheme.

Good that you keep it. This car will be soon a real classic.

cheers guys, tbh ive spent LOADS on the car i mean... LOADS i did all the safety bits first (safety first) not that they needed doing i just did them :yum: past few months ive done the following:-

Brake pads & disks, rear shoes and cylinders, handbrake cables, clutch slave cylinder, new powerflow exhaust system (being fitted this week), all fluids been changed, oil change, new wishbone, radius arms, bonnet hinges, alternator, new timing belt & tensioner, ht leads, spark plugs, ignition coils, lambda sensor, K&N air filter... and the list goes on.

ive done some styling but now i ready to do more next few months i will get some 16'' toora alloys, side rear tints, rear lights normal but tinted and new interior black carpet and a GT interior me thinks (y)

Well done corky, the 55s is a solid little car as long as it is looked after (Puntos are cheap, so a lot of cheap people buy them, maintain them cheaply (i.e. not at all) and then assume they are rubbish because they broke down)

Earlier this year, my £495 55s required about £800 of work including a new gearbox and clutch. People were saying I should just get another car, but for that £305 extra, I got to keep MY car which I knew had a good clutch and gearbox after the work, and has been looked after. I didn't even contemplate the scrappage scheme, and ordered for the work to be done straight away.

Looks tidy, however lose the tatt, get some smoked rear lights for a more OEM look, remove the seat covers, perhaps put a GT interior in?

hi mike,

well luckily enough i bought the punto off a mate but i was 16 (turned on about loud exhaust etc) didnt check the car over but now i know the punto off the back of my hand ive done that many jobs on it thats including the big engine timing job (ohh god :bang:) but yeah when i checked the service history 4 months before i bought it the car must of broke down cause there was an invoice for £556 that was for 1. rescue 2. new gearbox 3. new clutch :) bit of a bonus eyy i just want tidy it up more now :)

Back