IMG_20130120_135047.jpg

Seicento My Little Red Sei...

Introduction

Well this is my pretty much standard Red(ish) Seicento...

I've had it since September last year, was at 71,000 miles and we're now up to 78,000 and now going stronger than ever :)

I haven't done much yet, mainly due to my insurance being so high since I'm 18.

Had an oil change & an ITG Foam Filter. Also got a new clutch and rear wheel bearings along with a new handbrake cable.

And of course I had to fit Abarth centre caps and black/red floor mats ;)

I've got some drilled discs and new OMP Sport pads to go on sometime soon.

(Sorry about the picture quality, I used my phone)

Edit:
thumbnailfiat.jpg
Reactions: blu73 and Sir16v
i reckon you just got a jobs worth. I can imagine they might/should say you should fix it but telling off is a bit over the top IMO. I'd have argued with him lol.

Lol, I was tired plus it didn't seem worth arguing the point since there is a rather large crack in the screen and he seemed like the type that would be able to find something else wrong...

Was also said that he was doing me a favour not giving me points for it ...

It's taught me that if I'm trying to save fuel at 60mph its cheaper to go fast enough they don't catch up in the first place :p

On account of the brilliant weather I went for a little drive today, took hundreds of photos and had a walk on the beach :)

I've now reached such poverty that my camera no longer works and I'm forced to use the pitiful 4MP camera on my HTC One for the foreseeable future. Apologies for the picture quality in advance, although it's very kind to the colour of my car :p

IMAG0408.jpg

I've not washed the car for just over 3 weeks :eek:

IMAG03621.jpg

IMAG03641.jpg

IMAG0386.jpg

I got 289 miles from the last tank before the light even came on, despite alot of sitting in traffic it still got 49mpg, will see if I can get 50mpg this week! (Saving money makes me a sad, sad person)

Last edited:
Well the car finally had wash and a good polish on sunday, and discovered how useless everything is on my paint. So far I've tried T-Cut, Meguiars Ultimate Compound and even Halford's Rubbing Compound. So after trying the lot with no noticeable difference I went over the whole car with some SRP and left it at that :)

20140601_183401_Android.jpg

The Unto.pl parts I ordered turned up today too!

20140603_122120_Android.jpg

Engine Mount, ARB Bracket, water pump, thermostat and some new indicators :)

20140603_124801_Android.jpg

The new indicators look alot better than the cracked, mouldly and pondlife filled old ones. Ignore my front bumper :eek:

And of course I now have a brand new windscreen and a nice pair of Bosch Aerotwin wipers since I'm tired of how quickly the £5 sets on ebay wear out.

Edit: After having another look I've ordered the wrong ARB bracket! I need the one that bolts up to the bottom of the wishbone :doh:

Last edited:
It's time for another big update...

We went to Stanford Hall yesterday, it was bloody brilliant!! :D Met a bunch of new people and got some bits. I've now got a set of barchetta/PGT calipers which will be in for a clean up, paint and probably some new seals too. Also thanks to @Razman for the gearbox side poly insert (y) Just need to get a cambelt side one to match. I got roughly 48mpg on the way down but considerably less on the way back. The car did well and survived being totally thrashed :)

20140629_125356_Android.jpg

Of course I had to pay a visit to @seicentoceeney and have a little hoon before Fiona the sei goes :(

20140629_074417_Android.jpg

20140629_080541_Android.jpg

On friday I picked up a set of 14x5.5 steel wheels (£20 :slayer: ) as I need something larger for the bigger brakes, although I need to find some money for a set of 175/50 tyres first...

20140626_200853_Android.jpg

20140627_165939_Android.jpg

To add to that we went and collected a complete punto 75 engine with a genuine 26k miles on it, from just 15 minutes down the road, at a total bargain £100 :D

20140628_143803_Android.jpg

Thanks to @Lecook for storage of it which is rather better than it being in my kitchen :p

20140630_174513_Android.jpg

The current plan is for a headgasket and bolts set and a maximum skim. I plan to use the seicento mpi pulleys, rocker cover (cam sensor), water pump I bought for the sei, and alternator with a mk2 punto/panda cambelt. I will use my seicento inlet and 40mm TB if possible along with the P75 exhaust manifold. This will probably be combined with a 190/200mm lightened flywheel and 1.2 or 1.4 16v clutch. This will be paired up with my sportex cat back and a decat, along with my current induction kit unless I've managed to acquire a CDA in the meantime...

If this doesn't work due to the seicento inlet it looks like I will be using a normal mpi head and swap the 866 over to it. This seems to be a better option rather than finding a P75 ecu etc and rewiring it, having the TB spacer and P75 inlet chopped about and getting a new induction kit.

Hopefully this time around nothing will **** on my plans and in 3-4 months it should be built, fitted and running, I'm hoping for 80/85bhp from it :slayer:

All in all it was a brilliant weekend :)

Last edited:
Was a pleasure mate, it wasn't of any use to me, so better to go to a good cause!

Good luck with your 75 engine! :) But if it makes more power than mine, I'm afraid I'll have to kill you.

If we both get our engines in for MITCAR, we can find out eh? ;)

A little update today....

My NGK spark plugs have turned up along with a cambelt and tensioner, 5L Millers Oils 10w40, oil filter, antifreeze and some silver engine enamel :) I'm still waiting on the cambelt side poly insert , the head gasket set and wire rotary brushes. Some blue magnecors are on the way aswell :slayer:

Not much has happened with the engine so far, it's mostly stripped down but still in one piece. I skillfully drained the rather clean oil out earlier on, making quite a mess :eek: The power steering pump bracket needs to be forcibly removed, the sump needs resealing and the head needs to come off and go away for a big skim :devil: hopefully some of that will be sorted at the weekend.

Thankfully the P75 down pipe has two lambda plugs so hopefully there will be no problems there but I expect connecting it to the existing exhaust may be a challenge. Having the large mpi ecu (instead of the micro ecu) hopefully it will run it without any issues, of course there is no knowing until it's in and I turn the key...

Once the block is cleaned up it will be sprayed silver and have some new core plugs as the current ones aren't looking fantastic. A red powdercoated rocker cover will come but it's not a priority.

All being well, with no issues I hope to have the engine in for Mitcar, if not I probably won't be making an appearance. However I'm considering the possiblity of taking the head to scholar engines to get it done, which would take longer due to expense but it's probably worth it...

20140708_190714_Android.jpg

I thought I would have needed a mk2 punto/panda cambelt but it appears one cambelt fits all 1.2 mpi engines
20140708_195130_Android.jpg

20140708_190635_Android.jpg

20140708_190652_Android.jpg

20140708_190600_Android.jpg

20140708_190554_Android.jpg

In the end the head went to TMW Engineering down the road, it's had a good clean, big skim and 3 angle valve seats with a backcut :) Thanks to Lecook for sorting that in the week for me (y)

20140717_165756_Android.jpg

20140717_165532_Android.jpg

20140717_165536_Android.jpg

20140717_165634_Android.jpg

20140717_165451_Android.jpg

Did have a quick look when the sump was off to be resealed and it appears there are no oil jets :confused: Is this just a myth? or am I missing something?

20140717_201526_Android.jpg

The engine is starting to go back together now, there isn't too much left to do until my engine is out so the pulleys can be swapped etc...

20140717_182435_Android.jpg

This should be a good weekend :slayer:

eh?

Never has a 1242 engine open, but I've a memory of seeing a diagram of oil flow which showed some kind of squirter. Still, the easiest way to see them on most engines is to look down the bore, piston(s) out.

The pump bracket bolt had seized and rounded off, a go with the grinder soon sorted that!

Whereabouts we're the squirters in the bores? We had it upside down and had a good look but couldn't see anything.

What is the little pickup/hole/breather or whatever it is on the oil pump beside the actual pickup?

Back