IMG_20130120_135047.jpg

Seicento My Little Red Sei...

Introduction

Well this is my pretty much standard Red(ish) Seicento...

I've had it since September last year, was at 71,000 miles and we're now up to 78,000 and now going stronger than ever :)

I haven't done much yet, mainly due to my insurance being so high since I'm 18.

Had an oil change & an ITG Foam Filter. Also got a new clutch and rear wheel bearings along with a new handbrake cable.

And of course I had to fit Abarth centre caps and black/red floor mats ;)

I've got some drilled discs and new OMP Sport pads to go on sometime soon.

(Sorry about the picture quality, I used my phone)

Edit:
thumbnailfiat.jpg
Reactions: blu73 and Sir16v
So I had a brilliant day down Yarmouth with Lecook and seicentoceeney :D and several others (Not in Fiats!!). The weather was fantastic, sadly it got a bit cloudy when I came to take some photos :(

IMAG0825.jpg

IMAG08271.jpg

I scuffed the exhaust on many things including speed bumps and the back end started squeaking and I thought it was the polybushes however after a fiddle with the rear exhaust mount it *seems* to have gone for now...

However I'm now getting a knocking noise that I can feel through the floor if I steer left the right which I suspect to be the brace coming loose or something similar, this will be investigated tomorrow...

A pair of HEL stainless nipples are now on the way at the cost of £6.00 from ebay. The rear wheel cylinders were a fail since it looked as the pipes were going to snap rather than come off so thats something for next weekend :bang:

Hopefully Lee will show me the art of tigersealing a rear gearbox mount since I can't afford one before this sprint next wednesday :devil:

To top all this off there is a Punto 75 not far away from me just waiting for the engine to be removed :slayer:

Let me know how you get on with the ferodo pads mate! I still need to overhaul my rear brakes and now need to fix 4 arches after my dukes of hazard stunt

The Ferodo pads have now bedded in properly, they're great from cold and still have some reasonable bite when they're hot, but I do miss the extra strength the OMP pads had when they got really hot. These pads don't get stronger when I slow down from speed but they have a little more feel to them imo. I don't seem to be able to get any fade from them on the road, more power may change that :devil:

I will know how good they are on wednesday, I just don't want them to be bad enough that I have to buy some more OMP pads... for the price I have no complaints whatsoever.

So I had a brilliant day down Yarmouth with Lecook and seicentoceeney :D and several others (Not in Fiats!!). The weather was fantastic, sadly it got a bit cloudy when I came to take some photos :(

IMAG0825.jpg

IMAG08271.jpg

I scuffed the exhaust on many things including speed bumps and the back end started squeaking and I thought it was the polybushes however after a fiddle with the rear exhaust mount it *seems* to have gone for now...

However I'm now getting a knocking noise that I can feel through the floor if I steer left the right which I suspect to be the brace coming loose or something similar, this will be investigated tomorrow...

A pair of HEL stainless nipples are now on the way at the cost of £6.00 from ebay. The rear wheel cylinders were a fail since it looked as the pipes were going to snap rather than come off so thats something for next weekend :bang:

Hopefully Lee will show me the art of tigersealing a rear gearbox mount since I can't afford one before this sprint next wednesday :devil:

To top all this off there is a Punto 75 not far away from me just waiting for the engine to be removed :slayer:

Was a brilliant day mate! Although my friends are stupid with their slammed German whips :p

My ruined engine mount, that didn't actually appear to be ruined just incredibly weak.. has now been tiger sealed up nicely, problem solved!

All being well the car is ready for this sprint on Wednesday :slayer:

Attachments

• 1399827155300.jpg
    1399827155300.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 1399827164851.jpg
    1399827164851.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 49
Re - oil leaks.

Rocker cover does not leak if you do the following. ( shamelessly taken from the guide i followed on here for the same problem).

1. Buy a decent gasket.
2. Warm it up in hot water first before fitting.
3. Make sure it's pushed and worked right into the lip around the rocker cover before fitting, also check some fat handed numpty hasn't bent the rocker cover or the sealing lip.
4. * very important this * one pea sized blob of instant gasket either side of the cam at both ends of it. Just where the U part of the gasket goes over the cam - the blob would be at the bottom part of each U on both sides and at both ends.

RockerCoverGasket019.jpg

5. Gently nip the bolts up.
6. Stand back and admire the lack of oil leak.

Oh and if you PM me your address, i'll send you a spanky new drivers side engine mount - got one I will no longer be needing and it might as well go to a good home :)

Last edited:
Well I had a fantastic day today! The weather was perfect all day, nice and hot with plenty of sunshine (and free burger and chips) :slayer:

IMAG00433.jpg

After a total of 405 miles and somewhere around 8 hours at the wheel I made it home, the sei didn't miss a beat despite being thrashed around a track. It even managed an average of 47mpg for the drive to curborough, track time and the drive back to leicester where I filled back up. The roads around Leicestershire (mostly the A47 closest to Leicester) are really rather good and there are some nice views too :)

IMAG0091.jpg

I had great fun on track, really nice to push the car without looking out for potholes/cyclists/pheasants. The lower brace really really made a great difference to the way it handles, no noticable flexing of the front end at all and the car really grips and turns in well. It's at the point where the tyres simply can't hold on anymore and I can barely stay in the seat :p The back end does get a little squirrely on the tight corners too, sadly understeer wins.

I've come to a few conclusions: car needs a wash, Ferodo pads are brilliant unless you take them on a track, Nankangs aren't that good in the dry either however the Maxxis really are, my engine mounts are ruined and more power is needed! Also my universal fan isn't up to the job :( It can't compete with the engine on a hot day, it came on at the usual point and stayed on since it couldn't get the temperature back down while I wasn't moving, just sat at 98 degrees.

IMAG00652.jpg

IMAG00453.jpg

The drive back seemed to take forever but there was a nice moment when I left Leicester on the A47 and there wasn't a single car in front or behind me until I was nearly at Peterborough! A bit of a downer was put on things when I was pulled over and ticketed for a cracked windscreen :bang:

All in all though I had a great time and can't wait to get something similar booked and would recommend it to anyone who hasn't taken their cento round a track yet! £60 well spent :)

Does look rather slow on a video as usual, I have to disagree with anyone who says a Sportex is too loud because it really isn't.

I'm unsure if it's down to it being a lightweight car or good quality tyres but apart from off the line the Maxxis tyres will not squeal... at all ... ever...

I think I need to get an abarth spacer set to go back on for some even better turn in/stability

Last edited:
Back