03032011009.jpg

Grande Punto My Grande Punto 1.4 T-jet

Introduction

I have owned mt T-jet for almost 2 weeks now and have found it to be a great little car, there are a couple of interior trim issues but the engine more than makes up for that. I am getting it remapped this thurs so hopefully I will be enjoying it even more.
Don't see many t-jets in chemical grey (I have one too, but a 58 plate) but good choice (y)

But wow, is that the standard height, I'd totally forgotten you could pretty much fit your head in the rear wheel arch gap.

nice car mate, looks to be in good condition. you got any plans for it other than a remap?

I will see what it's like after the remap then maybe go for a bigger turbo but it's still a bit early to make too many changes. The only cosmetic change i might make is to change the front grilles.

Don't see many t-jets in chemical grey (I have one too, but a 58 plate) but good choice (y)

But wow, is that the standard height, I'd totally forgotten you could pretty much fit your head in the rear wheel arch gap.

Yes I think the colors great and your right it would look better lowered but I have so many speed bumps in my area that I would be always worrying about scrapping the front spoiler.

What I have done with previous cars is to concentrate on the performance and try to keep the look pretty much standard.

Nice one, where you get it done at? & I take it you got no engine modications?

The only mod I have is a pipercross panel filter, and I had it mapped by Celtic Tuning because i have used them before on my Civic and it was a great map.
It cost me £313, but for the extra power it's money well spent.
I did have an induction kit with a cone filter but the guy that done the remap told me these can cause problems over time as they let moisture get into the MAF sensor and as there is copper inside it does not mix well, and you can get faults come up and an expensive bill. So thats why I went for the panel filter as it still lets in as much air.

Looks really nice pal, Iv just had a look on the Celtic tuning website, they look very good, where abouts did you get the map done at?

They came out to me as they are based in Cornwall and i'm in Kent. I believe that have got some other places round the country but I always use there mobile service.
Once he's done it you both go out for a test drive and if your happy you pay, and if there is ever a problem or you want to take the map off they will come back to you and you only get charged for the travel costs. you won't be charged if it's a problem they caused but that is unlikely as all these maps are checked on a rolling road.

Some stupid girl in a range rover reversed into my pride and joy in a car park. it's now off the road waiting for a new nearside wing,headlight and new bumper.
I could not believe she had reversing sensors.

Thankfully lots of witnesses and I was not in the car so a straight forward insurance claim, I have been left with a Peugeot 207 1.4 diesel (what a crap engine) and they call this like for like.

I'm so pi--ed off i was looking forward to going out for a spin in my 160hp pocket rocket in the sun over the easter weekend but driving that 207 is no fun at all.:mad:

Well it's going to be the earliest the 5th May but then they said because of the bank holidays it could be longer.
I'm just so fed up not enjoying going for a drive, i'm being left at the lights by Fiesta's and Corsa's (n) my Punto is literary twice as fast 0-60.

The abarth headlights would be nice but I think i might be pushing my luck

Last edited:
Back