General My first car. Lil red Freya 1.4

Currently reading:
General My first car. Lil red Freya 1.4

Just a quick update for you all. Someone decided to scrape my car whilst I was in bed yesterday night. Was horrified when I got up in the morning too see this. Makes me so angry. Anyone got any contacts around the Northamptonshire area who may be able to sort this for me? Cheers

Attachments

• 1411120988076.jpg
    1411120988076.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 1411121014239.jpg
    1411121014239.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 32
Yeah my bumpers are already a bit faded. The door handles look good after they are cleaned. I use auto glym vinyl and rubber cleaner, which makes them come out pretty good. Is there any way to restore the bumpers without getting a respray?
Try giving it a 3 stage machine polish, I used 3m stuff and came out a treat, auto smart also do colour restorer which is basically a better g3 lol

Try giving it a 3 stage machine polish, I used 3m stuff and came out a treat, auto smart also do colour restorer which is basically a better g3 lol

Oh OK thanks for the tip. There's a dent though so might need to be pulled out first. I'll get a body shop to take a look. Anyone got any ideas how much a job like this would cost?

Looking good, i've got a 1.4 8V in red for a first car myself, grey evo wheels :D

Such a shame there are so many inconsiderate people around. Accidents happen but when they drive off without leaving a note/insurance etc it makes me so mad.

Yeah there was a fair bit of explicit language when I saw the damage. Especially when I take so much pride in my car. Some people are so low. :(

What panel is it on ? Compare body shop prices then price second hand parts in the same colour if possible

Yeah might have to do that. I'm going to the body shop next week to get a quote. Hope its not too painful on the wallet :( I'll keep you guys updated anyway

Hi, I have a GP 1.4 also, looking to tint headlights and tail lights but I know it isn't legal, what is fly eye exactly?

Hi, I have a GP 1.4 also, looking to tint headlights and tail lights but I know it isn't legal, what is fly eye exactly?

Fly eye is like a tinting film that you stick over your lights. Its just like a very fine mesh so let's the light through. It gives the light its tinted appearance.

Back