2013-09-13_14_17_31.jpg

Grande Punto My first car, GP Active 1.2

Introduction

Hi all,
Thought I would show my car to see what people think!
Just needs some white alloys, my 57i induction kit should come soon, maybe some other mods not sure though at the moment!

new photo, just painted the bonnet trim, needs another coat or so but pretty good at the moment!

Any suggestions?
Ive changed a few things since, ill post pics when i can :D

Edit: Outside is pretty much finished :)
After having experience with a k&n 57i, the stock airbox and filter, nothing at all (not my fault,) I can say the stock airbox with a k&n panel filter is the best so far! Just waiting on the fiat fire engines gsr kits to come back in stock and I;ll be swaping over to that

Alright, I'm kind of new to this, and judging by your name your 17, same as me, just a quick question, how much more has declaring your mods cost you on your insurance?

Alright, I'm kind of new to this, and judging by your name your 17, same as me, just a quick question, how much more has declaring your mods cost you on your insurance?

At the moment I've only declared after market alloy wheels 70 quid extra, and business insurance 20 quid extra, I know declaring suspension on my insurance lowering no more than 5cm was like 100 odd quid too. I'm with admiral :)

Quoted 500-700 for my gearbox to be repaired and possibly a new clutch, somewhat contemplating if it's worth it, got the car at 27k now got 42k. Jennings ford wont fix under warranty until it completely fails, not looking good atm!

Might just make do with it and save up for something better, not sure

Quoted 500-700 for my gearbox to be repaired and possibly a new clutch, somewhat contemplating if it's worth it, got the car at 27k now got 42k. Jennings ford wont fix under warranty until it completely fails, not looking good atm!

Might just make do with it and save up for something better, not sure
What did you do it it ??? :eek:

I haven't done anything to it personally, but 3rd gears synchro is gone and 2nd is starting to go too, the clutch is also pretty low and on its way out :(
I didn't mean the emotion btw, and aw that's not too good! Mines has done 44k and I done a gearbox fluid at 43 after my 3rd gear was a bit hard to find and now I done it it feels minted

I didn't mean the emotion btw, and aw that's not too good! Mines has done 44k and I done a gearbox fluid at 43 after my 3rd gear was a bit hard to find and now I done it it feels minted

That sounds interesting, I might get one done myself, could you advise me as to what gearbox oil I would need to buy?
I doubt that would fix it though, going to 3rd most of the time it literally feels like trying to go into reverse without the clutch down :(

That sounds interesting, I might get one done myself, could you advise me as to what gearbox oil I would need to buy?
I doubt that would fix it though, going to 3rd most of the time it literally feels like trying to go into reverse without the clutch down :(
Its worth a shot, much cheaper than a rebuild, I can't remember off the top of my head mate ill find out but

Only just noticed your reply thank you anyway andy :)

New refurbished gearbox from punto spares, and a new quality clutch the car feels so much newer! No more dodgy clutch smells and such.

Needs to bed in a little and hopefully the bite will be a bit higher on the clutch as it wears in a bit

A good double oil change with shell helix and new spark plugs and the car feels so much smoother on acceleration, If I could actually find a gsr kit for it anywhere that would stop it off for me!

Car is doing ok now tbh

Back