my engine mods?

Currently reading:
my engine mods?

S

Shaun Cook

just a querie really.

would any oine be interested in my engine mods of the bravo?

iv got a supersprint ss 421 manifold
powerflow ss exhaust
BMC CDA induction kit off a HGT but will fit all models.

and also a ECU chip for a MK1 1.6

my car has been rr'd with all these parts at 124BHP from a standard 100BHP so they are well worth it.

any interests?

reason for considering sale, i may be in the market for a 20vt i found one cheap on pistonheads.

boosig.jpg

Hi Shaun,

You mention a 20vt, i have found one in Preston R regd 90k and they want £1600..

Shaun would the Mainfold fit the 1.8???

The BMC is sounding nice to me!!!

DSCF0528-1.jpg

Shaun do you still have them springs for the rear, the ones that i used to have on my car....??

DSCF0528-1.jpg

the manifold wont fit unfortunatly karl and no i dont have the springs anymore.

boosig.jpg

Hiya matey.
Long time no speak.
Would any of the above mentioned go on my mark2 1.2.
Also a little bit more detail on the parts and what they do would be great (bit of a laman)
Cheers

hi lee,not many of them would, perhaps the air filter but it may let too much air in. the exhaust system together witht he manifold and the powerflow will give u a better back pressure and also alow better flow through the manifold, becaus eof how the manifold is set up it stays as 4 pipes for longer so the flow is smoother.

the chip, only for 1.6 mk1, alloys ur ECU to allow more fuel through the engine giving u more torque accross the range and that combined withthe air filter gives u a greater air/fuel mixer to u see an increase in power. all together, the free flowing air and the extra fue;l works great with the manifold as it lets the extra fuel and air out faster so ur engine works quicker and giving you more power and faster.

boosig.jpg

All clever stuff.
You say your thinking about dropping a 20vt in yours?

Shaun is the 20vt cheaper than the one i have seen at £1600.????

DSCF0528-1.jpg

id be after the piping for the bmc cda like as i need it! how much for the whole thing including the bmc neway?

ill be interested in the bmc mate if no one has beat me to it allready mate

1242761040.GIF

i thought the missus wouldnt let you shaun?
or have you twisted her arm? ;)

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell :)
MOT time soon :)

karl not guna buy a whole car yet. im guna try and get hold of an engine then rebuild it 1st, then when iv got it done ill get a whole car, pref with a blown engine then start the conversion.

kev, the chip is only for a MK1...if i remember correctly, u have 2 mk2's..

the manifold and chip, £170 plus del.

the BMC, £80 with allt he pipe work

the powerflow exhaust system £100

manifold £100

Chip £70

depending on how soon i get work i can sell these.

mikey, my missus doesnt want me to put the bravo back ont he road if im guna turbo it. so she said if i get full time work within a months time i can do the turbo and she will insure it for me

or if anyone wants my entire engine...1.6 with all the mods including brand new clutch, water pump, injectors, various sensors...someone can have the lot for £500...including all the mods, so if anyone has a 1.6 mk1 they want improving, the engine has about 78.000 miles on...and has been very very well looked after.

boosig.jpg

When you looking at selling shaun cus I'm pretty sure I'll take the manifold off your hands

Shaun: had to read that twice as didnt get ya lol But yer fair play...didnt realise it wasnt on the road mate.
Also yer,if u get an engine alone and rebuld it then buy a complete car,you'll have 2 engines?
Would it not make sense to get a full car and rebuild that engine? Or am i goin round that the wrong way lol

pretty good price tho that for complete engine clucth mods etc Sure someone'll snap it up.you wana get it on ebay or piston heads and sell it complete :)

Mike

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell :)
MOT time soon :)

i dont have space for another car, driveway is full! i understand it will cost more,, but as it goes, needs must!!

Marcus, im not 100% when.. sooner rather than later i hope but depends on cash flow!

boosig.jpg

Well as soon as you know shoot me an email and we'll sort someThing out if you want.

sorry them other 2 messages where my girlfirend...

and mikey my car is off road as i cant afford to keep paying insurance and i couldnt afford to tax it. so im driving emma's little 1.1 colt...£90 a year tax a £30 a month insurance and does 50MPG...i think its a winner...and its very very nippy for what it is lol

marcus ull be the 1st to know...do u just want the manifold or do u want the chip aswell?

just some more details on the chip...it needs to be removed a week or 2 before ur MOT as it puts the emisions out.

boosig.jpg