Technical multipla 1.6 elx engine control failure HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently reading:
Technical multipla 1.6 elx engine control failure HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

swiftpickup

hi im new here and have bought a 2001 1.6 elx. bought it with mot failure to put
on road next week. yesterday the car would not start for some reason so i left
it and tried it again a few hours later. this time it started no problem but now
have engine control failure message over and over again with a very annoying
beep and flashing management light but the engine is running fine. no weird
noises or loss of power at all. before this i was getting the usual abs and edb
failure message but as soon as it was warm it stopped happening. also when it
wouldnt start the display kept flickering from doors open to normal screen very
rapidly as if it was faulty. everywhere i look people are saying that their
engines were running rough when they had the fault but mine isnt. any ideas?

Hi i would suggest getting an obd2 reader from ebay. It plugs from your laptop by usb to the cars obd2 connection. It comes with the software and are fairly easy to use. this will tell you what trouble codes the car has and what sensor has triggered, then just search the code on the internet.

Before you do anything, check the earths; there are two on the battery, one to the engine and one to the chassis.
I'd consider running a temporary one to the ECU and the dashboard cluster to eliminate bad earths before taking any other action.

Re: multipla 1.6 elx engine control failure SOLVED!!!!!!

thanx for the replys guys im happy to sayproblem solved!!!!! it turned out to be the bottom pully sensor? and you can clear the code yourself
1. start the car and warm it up till the fan kicks in, turn off engine
2. start the car back up DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE
3. when the fan kicks back in press the throttle quickly three times making sure it goes over 3000rpm each time and the light will go out and beeping stops!!
my friends diagnostic machine told me to do this, took a few attempts but 100% works

Back