Technical Multipla 16v 1.6 ELX 2004 non starter

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla 16v 1.6 ELX 2004 non starter

Glelly

Have used OBD reader to see if I can diagnose problem and a fault has come up with ECU ( fault |1 ) I have recently changed the TPS as it was running eratic and struggled to idle ( over revving) that settled down and now I cant start it. Have checked for a spark which we have but think no fuel is getting through. Also sounds like a faint knocking from engine when it was running / engine under load. No sound when in neutral. Could it be crank position sensor? any pointers gratefully received thanks. glelly

yes sure. It turns over ok and was running fine last week. All of a sudden this! we've had 18 years of no trouble at all.

I am not hearing that at all. Checked fuse and that is intact,

It sounds like that is where I should be focusing my attention, on the fuel supply. But what if the ECU has told the pump not to work because of the risk of causing damage elsewhere?

It sounds like that is where I should be focusing my attention, on the fuel supply. But what if the ECU has told the pump not to work because of the risk of causing damage elsewhere?

Often there is a safety system that cuts fuel..
Fire PreventionSystem
Fuel Cut-off

Sometimes a physical button.. Sometimes electronic

Worth checking that 1st😉

The forum may well have a manual to study.. Check the Downloads section 👍

Often there is a safety system that cuts fuel..
Fire PreventionSystem
Fuel Cut-off

Sometimes a physical button.. Sometimes electronic

Worth checking that 1st😉

The forum may well have a manual to study.. Check the Downloads section 👍
Check out this bit from the 4cardata site, might be of help,
states there's an inertia cut off switch under the drivers seat, and gives details??

Hope this helps!!

Well today I had another play to see if I could get the car started up. Still no whirr from petrol pump. Found the fuel isolator switch under the right hand side of the dashboard not far from bonnet lever. Pressed this but didn't make any difference. Did notice after turning the engine over that there seemed to be almost a suction noise coming from the throttle housing area. Could there be a airlock in the fuel line? Is there a bleed valve on the fuel rail, and would this stop the pump from working?

RAC diagnostics says its the fuel sender unit. Got a replacement just need to get locking ring off now to fit new pump!

Back