Technical Fiat multipla wipers not self parking

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat multipla wipers not self parking

Davies23

Got an x reg 2000 fiat multipla and my wipers are not self parking.

What could cause this? I’ve got abother multipla I can use parts off. What should my first port of call be? Cheers Fab

^ before it came off the road it was advised previously.

Thank you for the reply’s. 😀

My marea.. Similar era

Didn't self park either (from memory.. The Intermittent didn't work either)

I went to a breaker and got a motor from a Brava.. It was a Denso... Mine was a Marelli.. But plug was the same

Fitted it and EVERYTHING worked properly..

I did nothing other than unplug one and plug in another.. So worth checking the motor and gearbox 🙂

I know certain vehicles used to have a switch a bit like an interior light switch inside the motor that was depressed as the wipers were operated and there was a cutout in the mechanism that once it got to that point let the switch close which effectively cut the motor in park position (I think that kind of makes sense) 🤪 If so then the motor could be the culprit. Can’t see a second hand one being much nowadays

I know certain vehicles used to have a switch a bit like an interior light switch inside the motor that was depressed as the wipers were operated and there was a cutout in the mechanism that once it got to that point let the switch close which effectively cut the motor in park position (I think that kind of makes sense) 🤪 If so then the motor could be the culprit. Can’t see a second hand one being much nowadays
I’ve got two multipla’s.

One I’m keeping this one I’m selling which failed it’s mot on a few bits and this being the only advisory.

I’m going to transfer whatever I need to repair it off my keeper to clear the advisory as that will potentially help my sale.

Back