General Multijet Tyres

Currently reading:
General Multijet Tyres

... my question is, what's the best tyre ... What do you guys think?

There appear to be contradictory aims & objectives.
On the one hand you’re looking for “the best” & on the other hand “looking at … rubbish.”
Presumably you mean the `the best’ from the mid-range envelope.

What are you running on now?
205?/45?R17? Speed? Load? Make/model?
Are the rear still fit-for-purpose?
What about the spare?

042153Z

I've had continental sport contact 5s on the front of my t-jet for about 12k now and they have about 5-6mm left. I've no idea how you would get through a set in 7k!

I fully expect to get 30k from them on the front as I have with many sets of Michelin and continental tyres in the past.

I can't remember the exact model (the dealer fitted them), but I have done a lot of driving across Welsh A-roads the last year which very often encourage quite hooligan-istic driving. Not using it as an excuse, I'm aware I'm an idiot, but a happy one :p

There appear to be contradictory aims & objectives.
On the one hand you’re looking for “the best” & on the other hand “looking at … rubbish.”
Presumably you mean the `the best’ from the mid-range envelope.

What are you running on now?
205?/45?R17? Speed? Load? Make/model?
Are the rear still fit-for-purpose?
What about the spare?

042153Z

Perhaps there's been misunderstanding, I meant what is the best tyre people have had experience with, at no point did I mention anything was rubbish so where that's come from is beyond me

The type of tyre that is on the car just now are called "Aurora 205/45/17 88w" these were on the car when I bought it in February and I must say they have been amazing they were pretty much new when I bought the car at 6mm tread depth, 10000 miles later and they've been rotated once so the backs are at 3mm and the fronts are at 5mm, they are a really soft compound so work really well all the time, to be honest I would buy them again if my local garage could supply them, however they cant which is really disappointing considering how pleased i've been with them Rain, Snow, Sunny days etc etc, oh and I had never heard of "Aurora" until I bought this car so thought they are going to be crap in the Rain, Snow and Sun but no they've been fantastic, Pitty I cant get them though

And it doesn't have a spare
Cheers

Last edited:
I can't remember the exact model (the dealer fitted them), but I have done a lot of driving across Welsh A-roads the last year which very often encourage quite hooligan-istic driving. Not using it as an excuse, I'm aware I'm an idiot, but a happy one :p

Fair enough, and yes the scottish roads encourage as you put it "hooligan-istic driving" also, and everyone has to do some spirited driving at some point (y)

Ha, at least you had fun.

I had vredestrein sportrac 3 and 5 on my 1.9 multi jet. Brilliant tyres. The sportrac 5 came 2nd in the Auto Express test.

The 1.9 M-Jet seems to be really heavy on tyres on the front. My first set wore after 12 000 miles, whereas my Focus I have now the michelin premacy on the front look barely used at 12 000.

Perhaps there's been misunderstanding ... at no point did I mention anything was rubbish so where that's come from is beyond me

... #1 para. 3

Aurora are argued to be an economy/budget from the Hankook stable. Probably an old Hankook pattern (or Michelin pattern from 19 o’blimey) out of a Chinese plant. What’s the plant code on the sidewall?

I doubt they’ll be in the mid-range class – but then we don’t know what Aurora model you’re referring to … or the Toyo model or Yoko model for that matter.

If the Aurora is such an “amazing” & “fantastic” buy one wonders why the garage has said `pass’ … any thoughts?

051246Z

Thanks everyone for your constructive feedback, will take into consideration your thoughts and views, will get back to you with an update/review of what tyres I finally get

Thanks again for the constructive feedback

Back