General MSN - fiat stilo is one of britians most reliable cars

Currently reading:
General MSN - fiat stilo is one of britians most reliable cars

mines a 04 1.6 stilo, 45000 miles, 1 false oil pressure warning, 3 slipping/juddering clutches under warrenty, but is doing it again ???, an 1 engine ecu replacement (ouch), 2 dip beam bulbs an 1 fog light bulb, 1st set of tyres went on 1000 miles back, an getting regular 39+ miles to the gallon, excluding the iffy clutch I have no complaints at all, oh an 1 throttle body clean done last month by myself, best car I have owned yet, looks an mechanicaly wise I think !

I am very happy with my JTD MW much better build quality than my previous Focus and better equipped so far no faults only replaced battery for a stronger one and best of all no rust anywhere.

Wow that sucks and double sided numberplate tape is so cheap.

Yeah, tell me about it!

And the plate was held so tightly against the bodywork, the water had nowhere to run and it couldn't dry out fast enough, so the screws rusted and have corroded the bodywork around the screwholes...

So much for the anti-corrosion warranty, I suspect!

I saw this, thought it would get a mixed reaction.

My JTD was solid, I don't think I had any parts that weren't wear and tear replaced. If it wasnt for the airbag fault warning, I'd have called it perfect. Never left me stranded. I put about 40k miles in a year, maintained it's full service history, and would have passed the MOT if I had remembered to change the wiper blades!

Your Stilo reliability....

How has everyones car been? :)

I've not been around for so long, not needed to!

Thats 6 years i've had my Stilo now and all its asked me for is some tyres, a couple of drop link bushes and front brakes in 58,000miles! Cheapest car i've oned running costs wise! Gonna need a new back box soon, but hey its been rusted and lightly blowing for about 2 years with no adverse MOT effects.

I've had my 2002 stilo for three and a half years. The things some people moan about are really just minor niggles...Most of which can be fixed yourself in five minutes by reading this forum! Wear and tear is something that every car gets. In terms of serious, expensive problems or breakdowns then the Stilo (or at least my 1.6) is totally reliable and well worth its place in the top ten. I have just treated myself to a stainless steel exhaust because it's been so cheap to own, I'm planning on keeping it until my licence expires in 2033!. Sod 'image'. A to B in comfort and at a bargain price and cheap running costs is common sense. I pity the fools who take out huge loans they can't afford on cars that look 'trendy' on the drive then have to work 100 hours a week to pay for the thing, regardless of how reliable it is. (y)

Back