Technical Motorbike cylinder head on FIRE engine!!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Motorbike cylinder head on FIRE engine!!!!

Interesting....
thanks for all the info.
shows how lazy i am really.if i had really delved into the issues i suspected i might get with the turbo,i would have probably not gone mental and thought about the motorbike cylinder head!!
After all,i have most of the mechanical parts for the conversion,just need to fuel it properly!!!

People use a 200mm fiat stilo 1.4 16v/panda 100hp/idea 1.4 16v etc clutch and uprated clutch.

Kristian

And other use one of these babies

DSC00193.JPG

Just read this thread while trying to find things on bike throttles on google :)

I can see the argument for investigating this route.

First the threory - As I understand it the head is what is needed to make the power, if it doesnt flow enough or efficiently then no matter how big the engine or the bottom end you won't get any power. You might get lots of torque though. But if the bottom end can't handle the revs it won't last long enough to get you anywhere and might sap a lot of the power to get you there. That can probably be balanced, better pistons etc to help it along.

Practice - if you can't mount the bike head easily and inexpensively then forget it , just fit a bike engine. As I see it the only advantage of going the bike head / car block route is that you keep the car gearbox and reverse gear. For everything else you're better off just fitting the bike engine. If its a big bike engine (1000cc) it's unlikely to have a torque defecit at low revs as long as you fit an appropriate final drive. Most big bikes are geared for 180+mph when all you really want is about 130 mph.

If you want to do something different actually fitting a bike engine would be different. A lot of people (myself included) talk about this sort of thing but how many bike engined centos are out there? In the UK and road legal I'd guess probably less than 10, maybe not even 5...

Back