Technical mk1 punto sporting

Currently reading:
Technical mk1 punto sporting

wright i really nedd sum help i got a 1.2 16v sporting cheap after belt went i rebuilt it new valves and i hav set pistons all half way up the bores but with one and 4 on the upstroke i locking cams and set the belt up but reading the haynes i dint undo the crank and cam pulley sprockets. i whacked belt on and tensioned it up. i then fitted the pulley the crank sensor uses for timing and located it on the dowel. it turns over but blows inlet gases back out the throttle and i hav just read tht wen its put back togethtrer the cranck dowel pin needs to b oppisite the actuall sensor and it wasnt so do i need to re lock it all undo the crank sprocket and cam sprocket and line the dowel up oppisite to get the correct ignition timing and if this is correct is there anyone in northampton willing to giv us a hand with it theres a cup a tea and biscuits in it for u any help will b greatly appicetaed i just hope it hasnt knackered the new vavles already there sounds like theres compression just fueling at wrong time. plz plz plz help im stuck now im used to 8 vavle puntos :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Last edited:
wright i really nedd sum help i got a 1.2 16v sporting cheap after belt went i rebuilt it new valves and i hav set pistons all half way up the bores but with one and 4 on the upstroke i locking cams and set the belt up but reading the haynes i dint undo the crank and cam pulley sprockets. i whacked belt on and tensioned it up. i then fitted the pulley the crank sensor uses for timing and located it on the dowel. it turns over but blows inlet gases back out the throttle and i hav just read tht wen its put back togethtrer the cranck dowel pin needs to b oppisite the actuall sensor and it wasnt so do i need to re lock it all undo the crank sprocket and cam sprocket and line the dowel up oppisite to get the correct ignition timing and if this is correct is there anyone in northampton willing to giv us a hand with it theres a cup a tea and biscuits in it for u any help will b greatly appicetaed i just hope it hasnt knackered the new vavles already there sounds like theres compression just fueling at wrong time. plz plz plz help im stuck now im used to 8 vavle puntos :bang::bang::bang::bang:
as teh engine is a mdc engine i had pistons one and four coming up wen they should of been on there down changed it and she fired straight up

Back