Panda (Classic) MK1 guys be very quick this time!

Currently reading:
Panda (Classic) MK1 guys be very quick this time!

Ok...unless one of us has bought this I'm going to start posting these MK1 items for our eyes only. This is the second time this has happened!!

I'm not so happy about someone who has not donated to this site cruising around and hoovering stuff up that could help us members. I hope I'm wrong about this.

It was me this time! And thanks to Purplehaze. I now have (or at least have paid for!) 2 Mk1 tailgates. I'd already bought one (thanks to another kind member on here), but it doesn't have the all-important dimples. It's a daft thing, but the red one has the dimples and I want to get the detail on the Mk1 right.

Thanks again

David

Hi Freddy

I'll only need one, and would rather the other is on your car if you need it rather than taking up space in the garage "just in case". Am sure we can sort something out when we meet up.

As a general approach I've been trying to secure things when collecting parts for my own Mk1 project, so at least they are available (at cost) to people on the Forum in the first place, so there may be other things I can help with.

Cheers

David

Ok...unless one of us has bought this I'm going to start posting these MK1 items for our eyes only. This is the second time this has happened!!

I'm not so happy about someone who has not donated to this site cruising around and hoovering stuff up that could help us members. I hope I'm wrong about this.

If you're serious about this, it might be worth starting a private Social Group as then only group members can see what you're linking, have a thread in the main section and post in it to say when new items have been added.

If you're serious about this, it might be worth starting a private Social Group as then only group members can see what you're linking, have a thread in the main section and post in it to say when new items have been added.

That was my thought...we have the panda group one, but I think a different one would be better.

I liked the sticker too, and was trying to work out a way of keeping it. Problem is that I also want to keep the supplying dealer's sticker in my car's own tailgate window so may use that glass instead. Don't fancy my chances of removing either sticker intact for re-use!

These retro stickers (another fave is the "Krooklok - Stop Thief" sticker one of our old cars had) are a real bonus - instant retro/nostalgia.

I liked the sticker too, and was trying to work out a way of keeping it. Problem is that I also want to keep the supplying dealer's sticker in my car's own tailgate window so may use that glass instead. Don't fancy my chances of removing either sticker intact for re-use!

These retro stickers (another fave is the "Krooklok - Stop Thief" sticker one of our old cars had) are a real bonus - instant retro/nostalgia.

My spare tailgate has no glass as it's never been fitted, so the glass with the Capital sticker (which I like too - still got an ancient Bush clock/radio/cassette with 95.8 stickers on somewhere!) could be used in that.

If anyone is desperate for a mk1 tailgate, mine's a just in case item. I could be probably be persuaded to part with it if there's a mk1 in desperate need!

Last edited:
Hi Freddy

I'll only need one, and would rather the other is on your car if you need it rather than taking up space in the garage "just in case". Am sure we can sort something out when we meet up.

As a general approach I've been trying to secure things when collecting parts for my own Mk1 project, so at least they are available (at cost) to people on the Forum in the first place, so there may be other things I can help with.

Cheers

David
:idea: which reminds me of collecting parts, is the front bumper i asked about
still available? stig,

:idea: which reminds me of collecting parts, is the front bumper i asked about
still available? stig,

Hi Brian

Good job you reminded me. I think it's been mislaid somewhere along the way. Not to worry though I'm pretty sure I have a spare. It's not perfect but you're welcome to it if of use. I'll dig it out and send you a pic.

Cheers

David

Back