General Migrating from Panda to Abarth

Currently reading:
General Migrating from Panda to Abarth

MaxHeadroom

2014 PANDA 4x4 TwinAir
Greetings all -

I'm currently the happy owner of a 2014 Panda twin-air 4x4 and considering upgrading to an Abarth.

The Panda was my first Italian job and I've been very pleased with it, but I feel I'd now like a change.

I'm hankering after a (2018 - 2021) 595 Competizione preferably in the 595C guise. These seem a rare animal with the Turismo being a far more popular variant to have an opening roof.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what exactly brings the 165 Turismo up to the 180 of the Competizione? Is it simply a remap or is there a lot more than just that?

I think the newer 165HP has the same Garret turbo as the Competizione, so upgrading is just software. Turismo has no Sabelt seats (they don't fit everybody, but not much other differences.

gr J

Thank you for your reply A3jeroen - Yes agree with you on the Sabelt seats - theyre very hard.​

I did suspect the 165/180 might be a software upgrade.​

Yes, serie-4 Turismo has the Garrett GT1446 turbo, like the Competizione and EsseEsse, only power difference is software.
With a stage 1 remap you can get to ± 210 hp and ± 330 Nm, on all the serie-4 Turismo, Competizione, and EsseEsse, models.

I had 195 hp and 305 Nm on my Serie 4 Turismo, just a modest stage 1 remap.

Back