Midlands Italia logo/sticker design: yay or nay...?

Currently reading:
Midlands Italia logo/sticker design: yay or nay...?

Would you be happy to have this displayed in your car...?

• I think it's wonderful; and would be proud to...!

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No... -- and my reasons are in the comments below...

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I'm not sure... -- as I explain below...

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
can we try and arrange a joint mailing of FF + MI stickers

I've had no response to my mentions of ben or dave (who sends out the FF ones) earlier in the thread: so I think this is going to be difficult to achieve. :(

What I can promise is that MI stickers will be sent the moment money hits my PayPal account...! (y)

Last edited:
Photos are required in-situ (y)

They will of course be provided! :cool:

Firstly, I hope chips1 doesn't mind me airing my comments in public... -- but I thought others should have a chance to have their say, as well. :cool:

And, before anyone mentions the bubbles, I have two thoughts with regards to them [please also see the 'Edit' section, and additional photos, below]:
  1. This was a very quick test, just before it absolutely threw it down... (oh, the sacrifices I make...); and
  2. I have a National Trust sticker, which had similar problems when first applied... -- a quick rub-down with a credit card and a cloth and all is well (with the sticker, not me...).

So, here they are -- and I now vastly prefer the white-writing-on-black version. (y)

A few other points:
  1. chips1 informs me that the stickers had to be "cut by hand for now as there was an issue with the programme used".
  2. I don't know what others think, but the spacing of the I and T at the beginning of Italia looks a little 'cramped' to me -- although I know how difficult wrapping words around circles can be.
  3. Neither of us has tried the tax-disc holder trick, yet, FullMetalPanda -- but do we just want to stick (sorry) with stickers; or is the card version still a goer...? (Nudge, nudge; know what I mean?!)

Overall, I think he's done a fantastic job -- and for free, too; and I am mighty impressed! :worship:

Once everyone's had a few days to have a think, I'm quite happy to go ahead and order them... -- and I'm beginning to think white-on-black only; and maybe stickers only, too (if you left them attached to the card they come on, then they could still be used in place of a tax disc, I think...). :confused:

Edit
Once it had stopped raining, I went back out to the car, and spent four or five minutes rubbing the back of the sticker with my Shell loyalty card, protected by a tea-towel! (My preferred technique for applying FIAT Forum stickers, too...!) :rolleyes:

The results were much better -- though not yet perfect, I'm afraid.... :eek:

And here's how the National Trust sticker, I referred to above, looks, after two or three months. Look, ma: no bubbles...! :woot:

And here's how my windscreen now looks! I really like the sticker -- and now wonder what I'm going to do with my tax-disc holder.... :chin:

Last edited:
I do not mind the comments posted in puublic, it's all feedback whether good or bad, at least the others can see what they will look like in situ now with the pictures and i do agree with you homeward that the white on black does look a lot better.

I must point out that the as the self cling ones would be printed onto sheets, as with most self cling stickers they would then peel off the backing rather than cutting them to shape. Posting these out they would be cut into squares so in theory if you wanted to use them in a tax disc holder then you would need to cut them by hand but overtime they could peel off the backing, so with that in mind the carded version would be the better option for those wanting ti put in the disc holder (hope I have not confused you).

I will find out if there is an easier way to stick these on with minimal bubble issues, this is why I dislike self cling :cry:

Not sure if there is anything I can do with the "I" and the "T" but will take a look and see :)

Back in the dark recesses of my memory, this came bubbling up !

Wet the surface to be applied to with soapy water and use a squeegee to smooth the sticker down. This allows another try if not correct. Then dry the area.

Thank you! I should know this, too -- it's how I applied the tint at the top of my windscreen...! :bang:

Well I must say they look a lot better now we can see them on a window :) I must side with homeward and say the white wrighting on black is better as it seems to stand out clearer personally I'ld like it to have some sort of car or fiat related symbols or pictures in or around it to give it a motoring identity but on the whole I'ld certainly like a few for my fleet of fiats (y)

Great job guys! (y)

I think it looks awesome in white on black. I personally wouldnt want a sticker but would want it in my tax disc holder. However I wouldn't expect any more work to be done on my awkward behalf. But as mentioned the sticker could also be put into a holder anyway. I am confused though as to how the sticker comes. The usual window reusable stickers come with a white paper on the front. This isnt a problem as my holder has a plastic perspex screen and that would be my window. It does sound like these stickers also come with a backing but how does that work? Homeward I noticed you have a richbrook style tax disc holder like mine. Will the badge fit in it nicely without cropping the text? Although its not a big deal but I do think the I needs a little spacing and maybe changing to a proper I with the top and bottom lines. In other words not looking like a 1. But thats a tiny detail and wouldn't stop me buying a couple.

Last edited:
I am confused though as to how the sticker comes.

These are static cling so they peel off the backing and then you stick on to the windscreen, as mentioned in prvious post you can use the sticker with backing on to put into your tax disc holder but over time it is likely to peel away from the backing, you would also need to cut these yourslef if you wanted to use them in your disc holder with the backing attached.

I am looking into the spacing of the I and T but as the text is wrapped it is not a 5 minute job and at the moment I have a few things on my plate that come first unfortunately but I will be looking into it over the next few days, if you want the I to not look like a 1 then the font would need to be changed.

I did not try these in a tax disc holder as I sent them to homeward as soon as I had them, if he can check them in the holder then if they are too big the carded ones can be done slightly smaller or if you all just want the self cling then these can be made slightly smaller also, but please note that they cannot be guaranteed to not peel off the backing over time.

Hope this post is not confusing lol

I did not try these in a tax disc holder as I sent them to homeward as soon as I had them, if he can check them in the holder then if they are too big the carded ones can be done slightly smaller or if you all just want the self cling then these can be made slightly smaller also, but please note that they cannot be guaranteed to not peel off the backing over time.

Will give it a go in the next couple of days... -- and don't worry about taking your time: there's no major panic; and I know we're all immensely grateful for the work you've already done. (y)

PS: I think it may be worth getting a few of the card ones made, as well (I shall have to change my initial order quantities, as well, of course -- and only go with the white-on-black ones...): and will come up with a measurement for you that works in the tax-disc holder, so that you can cost them accordingly. :chin:

Secondly, how much do they cost?

Thirdly, when can I have a white with black writing one? :)

50 of each colour combo would be best I reckon, (M.I. membership isn't THAT huge..,)

from that 50 you'll soon gauge where the demand lies..

Any thoughts on prices homeward ? The writing looks ok to me as it stands - I vote for getting them done & on the cars. (y)

I'd like the white writing on black ones, so it's just a case of how many I'm going to admit to needing...... :eek:

Okay, deep breath.... :eek:

Firstly, cost will depend on how many we get printed, and in which format. I'm therefore recommending -- to keep things simple -- that we go with white-on-black to begin with: as that seems to be where demand lies (although I'm happy to be proven wrong -- see below). :idea:

If I have enough demand for black-on-white, then we'll produce these, too. I'd also like to know how many people want cards to put in their tax disc holders, rather than stickers (all of which will be internal, by the way). :cool:

So, can you please all let me know -- and I shall PM all 170-odd on the MI mailing list -- what you think (I won't hold you to it, I promise...) you'd probably order, given the chance, by completing yet another poll (democracy in action...) -- which I shall let you all have the address of, once I've set it up, in a few minutes. This way, I can order a sensible amount; and, as I'm financing them, not go over the top. :eek:

Profits will be split equally between the Forum and Pinky the Panda's restoration fund. :)

Back