Technical Massive lagging issue

Currently reading:
Technical Massive lagging issue

SteveY87

Hi everyone

I have a 2008 bravo 1.6 turbo diesel which is fantastic however recently it's started to have a problem with power.

The best way to describe it is like when you are in too low a gear for the speed that you are doing, if you keep in that gear and put your foot to the floor you'll get an increase in speed eventually and go faster. The issue I have is that my bravo does this when in the right gear (revs are anywhere between 2.5 and 4.) if I slip down a gear the revs go between the two and there's a delay of anywhere between 2 and 10 seconds, then the turbo feels like it kicks in and the car mostly flexes it's muscles.

The car had been serviced 2 months ago and it passed its MoT with no advisories yesterday so all is ok from that perspective.

the garage I usually take my car to couldn't find a fault on road test which is annoying but to be fair it does seem to mostly only happen when the engine is warm / 10 minutes or so into a journey.

If turning the wheel whilst accelerating the effect is lag when wheel turned but power when straightened up.

Can anyone give advice or point me in the right kind of direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Steve

Brilliant, thank you. Was gunna get fiat to have a look as my garage couldn't find anything but fiat want £114 to diagnose. Cheers mate

I had the same issue with picture 57 plate I took it to garage as I am no mechanic,they said the airflow meter I said okay cool.had it changed went picked up my car had all sorts of light up on my dash so went back in had a brief discussion left not happy and it wasn't my airflow meter,went on here searched fault loss of power found this shop picture attached shop 4 parts

Attachments

• 1402943975920.jpg
    1402943975920.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 1402944290883.jpg
    1402944290883.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 30
The price for mine was a bit less was a while ago,I dunno if they cheaper elsewhere now, it came brand new Fiat marked. There is a step by step guide with pictures I changed it myself with a mate for certain parts which were tricky.anyhow changed it and went like a treat I dread to think how much it would have cost me otherwise,

Hope this helps and gives you confidence too

Bianco

Back