General Making noise.

Currently reading:
General Making noise.

Helloo

Okay so basically i'm looking for some pretty basic information as its a field I don't really have any knowledge on at all haha!

So cut a long story short... I want my little 1.2 to sound a bit more aggressive.

Not interested in increasing or decreasing my BHP just want a nice sound to come out of a nice car!

The only 2 options I really know of are to mess with the exhaust. Or to get an induction kit.

Please point me in the right direction :yum:
Oh and i'm not made of money keep advice cheap ;)

Thanks

You got it, exhaust and induction.

With any standard induction kit you're going to lose power though, unless it has a way to get colder air than the standard intake, like the GSR does.

For an exhaust go to a custom place and they can build you one to your needs. You'll be looking at around £275 - £300 for a catback though, less if you just want a different backbox etc. Just ring and ask.

You got it, exhaust and induction.

With any standard induction kit you're going to lose power though, unless it has a way to get colder air than the standard intake, like the GSR does.

For an exhaust go to a custom place and they can build you one to your needs. You'll be looking at around £275 - £300 for a catback though, less if you just want a different backbox etc. Just ring and ask.

ive been trying to get a GSR for ages but they really are like gold dust. My only other option is the one K&N do which i believe to be crap?

I contacted powerflow and they quoted me £250 for a custom backbox+Tip+same day service and said this would provide the 'Sporty Vibe' i was trying to achieve.

as i dont have the money to be doing both as of yet. which would you recommend more? Exhaust or induction? also what would give the better result sound wise?

Back