General Lower my car but not by much.

Currently reading:
General Lower my car but not by much.

Hey guys, currently have a 2008 T-jet. All i have done to it so far is replace the brakes all round paint the calipers and tint the rear windows. Think the car looks great as it is but think it could use lowering a little. Now bare in mind i'm 37 and dont want to look like a chav whats my best option?
Would i be better seeing if i can get hold of a second hand set of Abarth springs (whats the ride height difference between a Abarth and T-jet?)
Or is it going to be the sportlines, i know they advertise 30-40 mm drop but is that on a standard punto and how much difference would it make on a T-jet?
Please be gentle!

Attachments

• DSC00123.jpg
    DSC00123.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 98
there are other eibach versions i believe that lower it about 30, there are other manufacturers, or you could spend more and get coilovers

i belive the abarth is lowered something tiny like 10mm IIRC from the sporting

Abarth springs will make barely any difference, they ride high too.

Eibach Pro's say they lower by 30mm but you can barely tell the difference.

Eibach Sportlines lower the car a fair amount (not anywhere near as coilovers) and probably look the best out of your options. Be careful over pot holes/speed bumps etc though.

When I go over those speed bumps that are just in the middle of the lane (the square ones) I hear my undertray scrape already, and i'm not even lowered.

That's very helpful thanks it doesn't look too low which is what i want. Just wondering i will want to find a full size spare for the boot do you think it will make much difference to the ride height?
Now just got to get the knocking noise sorted from my passenger side front suspension hopefully under warranty before i mess with the springs.

well if we are all being helpfull heres a pic of mine with sportlines fitted, in the same red as yours to give you a better idea of how good they look. besides its a fact the blue fiats are slower than the red ones......;)

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 250
Back