General Lots of trouble wit the painting on my GP

Currently reading:
General Lots of trouble wit the painting on my GP

dave said:
this is getting all too common on the grande :(
some one want to type me up a nice posh letter to email to fiat?

Believe me I'll do it.

First I'm going to hear what they say about it at my dealer.

If they refuse to do anything; I'm going to the press with it and I'm going to send a nice formal mail to Fiat Belgio :mad:

I read in the forum that Rabbit1986 posted that they found out that there was something wrong with the painting of the cars (Alfa so also FIAT). It says they found it out in January 2006 so is your car produced before January Rabbit1986
?

diablo_NL said:
I read in the forum that Rabbit1986 posted that they found out that there was something wrong with the painting of the cars (Alfa so also FIAT). It says they found it out in January 2006 so is your car produced before January Rabbit1986
?

he sure is!

My car was one of the first produced I guess. He was already a Demo car in Belgium starting from december 12th, 2005. :)

Courtster, you drive 400 Miles a day. Do you have seen these kind of things on your car?

Alright. I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow before I go to my dealer and let you know what they'll do about it.

* goes to sleep quite anxiously * :(

No, 400 miles a day in my Afla 147, not in the GP, its only done 400 miles total lol!! Wish I could take the GP, my Alfa has lost its 5th gear and I can't get it booked in till 3rd May! :bang:

courtster said:
No, 400 miles a day in my Afla 147, not in the GP, its only done 400 miles total lol!! Wish I could take the GP, my Alfa has lost its 5th gear and I can't get it booked in till 3rd May! :bang:

So you don't have these problems?

courtster said:
My GP is gorgeous, the paint looks faultless - at the moment ;)

I also have a Crossover Black on the way so I hope they solved the problem at FIAT.

Can you please throw a brick on your bonnet to see if it makes excessive damage?:D

More news tomorrow.

I have an appointment with the chief mechanic of Fiat. He'll have a look at the crap :mad:

Fact is that I found spots now where I can with ease pull of the painting on my GP.

My faith in Fiat has shrinked a bit, though if they solve this right, they could gain it again... :)

Blame PPG they supply the paint! Back in the old days paint was hardcore, full of wonderful toxic pollutants that would last for ever, but it's all water soluble safe stuff nowadays.

I went to them today.

A guy inspected the car and took some pictures, though he gave me a bad impression about with will follow in this case.

He said it was becayse of the rocks that the holes were there. But when I showed him the spot under the hood he began taking pictures.

I sure hope fiat does something, or believe me: I sell the car and no more fiat for me. Done finito!

Does someone have some more information about other "victims" in this case?

It might be quite useful.

HI i have also had problems with my GP with paint work, and nobody seems to want to help at fait and the manger at my garge were i brought my GP GLYN HOPKINS said all the GP have been coming through with paint problems i will never ever buy a fait again, i have asked for a refund or a replacement but they say no were buggered

barryburns said:
HI i have also had problems with my GP with paint work, and nobody seems to want to help at fait and the manger at my garge were i brought my GP GLYN HOPKINS said all the GP have been coming through with paint problems i will never ever buy a fait again, i have asked for a refund or a replacement but they say no were buggered

So your dealer is even admitting there is a problem with all GP's but still he doesn't want to do nothing about it? Strange.

I found a really nice spot this evening with a bit of oxidation :eek:

I sent it right away to my dealer!

damn.JPG

Steve said:
Absolutely shocking... That's at least 3 or 4 people on this forum with paint issues on the Grande Punto. So much for the alleged 3 million miles of testing and VW levels of build quality. I'm happy I decided on a used Stilo instead now.

I'm surprised at you saying summit like that tbh, if you paid attention/worried about everything people wrote on this forum you wouldnt have bought a stilo :rolleyes:

You've seen stilos have problems, but i know mine didnt and i take it yours hasnt, but just because a few GP's have had problems it dont mean they all will :)

Back