Locations for future meets. MI

Currently reading:
Locations for future meets. MI

Other than where we had the Leicester one last time I don't really know of anywhere else suitable for meet and such . It's a shame there isn't somewhere brilliant for photos in or around Leicester. Well if there is I'm still yet to find it. Anyone else know of anywhere?

Sam

I'll do one in Chesterfield. (y)

Dom
Well I had an idea but I didnt mention it because my sense of direction is shocking. Thats fine when im driving alone but a lot of pressure when you are followed by a group of Fiats. I also understand that Chesterfield is WAY too far north but here me out. I suggest meeting in Chesterfield at the B&Q car park. Its at the end of the A57 (I think its the A57) which is just off the M1. Its a very large car park with plenty of room. From there we convoy down Chatsworth road to, well Chatsworth House. Im pretty sure you can park there and just pay to go in to the house. We then drive through Bakewell,Matlock and Matlock Bath and finally into Belper. From Belper its not that far to go around Derby on the bypass and back to the M1. Its just an idea at the moment so see what you guys think.

Well mine was just a suggestion for now obviously. And I dont know if the "tour of the UK" was directed at me but I dont call a short drive around the peaks exactly a tour. I can recall that I wasnt the only one to say that simply parking up in a car park was boring. Im sure Dom can sort something out he is a savant when it comes to navigation and all that. I could always wait to Stanford but its a long way off.

Well mine was just a suggestion for now obviously. And I dont know if the "tour of the UK" was directed at me but I dont call a short drive around the peaks exactly a tour. I can recall that I wasnt the only one to say that simply parking up in a car park was boring. Im sure Dom can sort something out he is a savant when it comes to navigation and all that. I could always wait to Stanford but its a long way off.

The tour comment was done very tongue in cheek, the peak district is a lovely part of the world and I've visited it a few times. I live in Buckinghamshire so will be coming north. I'm not sure where Dragon man lives but if its south of the start and close to the finish it would make picking him up/dropping him off easier for me. :thumbup: that is of course if he wants to get in something as modern as a 500 ;) .

The tour comment was done very tongue in cheek, the peak district is a lovely part of the world and I've visited it a few times. I live in Buckinghamshire so will be coming north. I'm not sure where Dragon man lives but if its south of the start and close to the finish it would make picking him up/dropping him off easier for me. :thumbup: that is of course if he wants to get in something as modern as a 500 ;) .

Looking at DM's profile it says Derby area so in fact it would be perfect. Pick him up from Derby and do a circle around the peaks to end up back at Derby to drop him off.

However if a simple meet in greet in Chesterfield is considered may I suggest Smithy Pond. Its 10 minutes from Chesterfield and has lovely scenery and good pub food. Its also 2 for 1 so plenty cheap enough.

http://www.fayre-square.com/pub/smithy-pond-wingerworth-chesterfield/m6988/

Well like I said before I know that Chesterfield in terms of the midlands is way north. But I have another idea that I would like to throw into the hat.

I have mentioned this before but the motor museum at Donington. There is a cafe at the side of it that does sausage and bacon butties. And there is also a gift shop that sells lots of motorsport merch. The Grand Prix collection is a fantastic display and if you havent been before I would highly recommend it. It is fairly expensive though at £10 per person but you dont have to go in. There is a decent car park outside the museum. You can also drive further on down to the track where there is another car park. As long as we dont go on a race day we shouldnt have a problem. When I was last there the Peugeot owners club had a large meeting outside the museum and the Lotus owners club had a meet outside the track. Its just off junction 23a of the M1 so its much further south.

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/about-donington/the-donington-grand-prix-collection/

http://www.grandprixcollectables.com/

Last edited:
Well I hope you guys have a great time at the meet today. I know Dom said he is sorting something out. But I was wondering if people would be up for another meet this month or if April would be better. Personally I was thinking about Sunday the 30th of March. And I was thinking about having the meet at Donnigton as I mentioned. I didnt want to just start a post and tread on peoples toes. There is a meeting in early April in Yorkshire which Dom is attending so I dont want to exclude him from the next MI meet. Anyway guys let me know and have a good time today.:D

Ive just noticed that the Yorkshire meet is not till the 20th of April. So maybe Sunday th 6th of April would be better?

Last edited:
Well I hope you guys have a great time at the meet today. I know Dom said he is sorting something out. But I was wondering if people would be up for another meet this month or if April would be better. Personally I was thinking about Sunday the 30th of March. And I was thinking about having the meet at Donnigton as I mentioned. I didnt want to just start a post and tread on peoples toes. There is a meeting in early April in Yorkshire which Dom is attending so I dont want to exclude him from the next MI meet. Anyway guys let me know and have a good time today.:D

Ive just noticed that the Yorkshire meet is not till the 20th of April. So maybe Sunday th 6th of April would be better?

Might be worth putting a poll up of possible dates in the MI section. :confused:

Once you have, I shall PM the 140 people now on the list to let them know...! (y)

Might be worth putting a poll up of possible dates in the MI section. :confused:

Once you have, I shall PM the 140 people now on the list to let them know...! (y)
As our fearless leader would it be possible for you to start a post with a poll please? It might also be best to hold a poll to ask where people want to meet. Is it possible to do a large poll with multiple choices of dates and places?

As our fearless leader would it be possible for you to start a post with a poll please? It might also be best to hold a poll to ask where people want to meet. Is it possible to do a large poll with multiple choices of dates and places?

I'm not so sure about "fearless" or "leader"... ;)

...but am more than happy to put up a poll. Can I be a veritable PITA and ask you, though, first, for a list of dates and places, please. Probably best if you PM me.... :)

Back