General Light at the end of the tunnel

Currently reading:
General Light at the end of the tunnel

Gearbox will be ready to pick up tomorrow morning (y)

Now just need to remember how it all goes back together and make sure I leave enough time to get it MOT'd before next Friday :eek:

Fair bit to do but i'm sure you will get it done for Panda camp. Wouldn't mind a ride in this if theres a chance at the weekend.

That was quick! :eek: :p

Need to be quicker, especially when other things decide to add themselves to the to do list.

Driveshaft boots - surely in this day and age someone could design an alternative that doesn't split at the smallest opportunity :bang: Good job I had a spare one for just such an eventuality (y)

Recon it is 50/50 for getting it finished for Panda Camp though (n)

She's all back together now :D

Thought I would show a comparison between the standard front suspension

and the new gas dampers with Jamex springs

Y10_lowered.JPG

I expect they will settle down a bit lower once I have done some miles.

So just to recap on what has been done over the last few week

Gearbox refurb
Lightened flywheel
New clutch
Engine bay repainted
Punto to Y10 wiring tidied up
New gas struts
New front suspension arms
New pads (standard) to replace the OMP fast road ones that took ages to heat up
N/S/F wheel bearing
Polyurethane bushes for the ARB

oh and a wash and polish (y)

MOT in the morning before Panda Camp :slayer:

After a bit of welding the Y10 should be ready to pick up in about an hour with a fresh MOT.

No sooner is one Y10 out of the garage, then another sneaks in :D

Will be getting stuck into the Race Car project after I get back from Panda Camp this weekend. Link to the thread in the signature below.....

So hows the Y10 post spacers. Did it need longer bolts and is the stability improved.

The spacers have helped with the tyres rubbing on the new front damper and I managed to get away with using the bolts I had already (y)

I think the sensible thing is to change the tyres from 185 to 165 as it doesn't have the lightest steering and I don't think the 185 width adds much to the driving experience.

What will be interesting is if I fit 205/45/17 on the race car :devil:

The spacers have helped with the tyres rubbing on the new front damper and I managed to get away with using the bolts I had already (y)

I think the sensible thing is to change the tyres from 185 to 165 as it doesn't have the lightest steering and I don't think the 185 width adds much to the driving experience.

What will be interesting is if I fit 205/45/17 on the race car :devil:

Result on the wheel bolts :slayer:

Congratulations on joining the Panda section (y)

Back