General LED headlights/full beams

Currently reading:
General LED headlights/full beams

AndrewTanner

Hi all,

Quick question...

We have a 2007 model Grande Punto. We're having to compete more and more with brighter lights from oncoming traffic so would feel a little better if we could substantially improve our own lighting situation. I don't know anything about this sort of thing unfortunately. How realistic is it that we could substantially improve our lights (from standard ones) using something like LED for example?

Thank you :slayer:

Hi all,

Quick question...

We have a 2007 model Grande Punto. We're having to compete more and more with brighter lights from oncoming traffic so would feel a little better if we could substantially improve our own lighting situation. I don't know anything about this sort of thing unfortunately. How realistic is it that we could substantially improve our lights (from standard ones) using something like LED for example?

Thank you :slayer:
Hi!:) It is realistic, but it may come at a cost. You can use LED or Xenon lighting, but you will need the appropriate headlamps for those type of lighting because since they're brighter, if they get applied on the stock headlamps they may dazzle oncoming drivers, you might be fined by the police, and they might not pass the MOT test there.

Let me give you an example of the "appropriate" headlamps I mentioned. One solution are the ready aftermarket Angel Eyes:

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

FGP-BDE-1_600.jpg

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Another solution also is the installing a projector in your stock headlamps. Something like this:

@ AndrewTanner,

Keep in mind that all the above I mentioned are the preparations alone! Once you do that, you will then choose your LED kit or Xenon kit. Both of them have to be CANBUS compatible! There are varieties of those. I'm not familiar with the LED kits specifically, but what I can tell you is to look for a high quality LED kit and make sure it has the right electric resistances. Find a good car electrician shop for this type of installation and ask the electrician there for more info on LED kits and the check cable accessories, etc.

The cheaper alternative is to install "rally" bulbs. 100w vs the standard 55w ! Of course it's forbidden and probably some Guys here will warn about heat and potential damage to the reflectors; I had them on many of my cars and never had any issue ! You'll have to swap them for MOT since they "should" measure the flux coming out of your lights, together with their shape ...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Back