Technical leak from engine

Currently reading:
Technical leak from engine

j44aym

i have this leak coming from the engine.....doesn't seem lyk coolant as the level stays the same and also when i touch it it doesn't seem like oil...can any1 help??

Attachments

• 10052010219.jpg
    10052010219.jpg
    438.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 10052010220.jpg
    10052010220.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 10052010221.jpg
    10052010221.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 13
i don't think its a water leak as the water level in the radiator stays exactly the same......but it could defiantly be some sort of oil leak....how much would it usually cost to get these seals replaced???

:O wow ill have it checked out to see what it is exactly....and then see if i should bother changing it....of course it should be done....but at that cost and me being a student it just isn't possible

Yeah, I had to replace mine a while ago, then the crankshaft seal on the other side went, which is a clutch job aswell.
£220!!

3 weeks off work lost wages aswell, just because I put it in a garage to be done and he really took the p***

Try some oil leak repair, less than £10 for a tin. Add it in and drive 200+ miles. After that it should stop.
Not the best thing for your engine but the cheapest.
Once oil leak stops you could flush the oil and do an oil change maybe.

Will get worse though

im gonna have to wait till i get home from uni then....don't really know many mechanics around here

Well if you gonna try out that oil leak repair stuff you just buy that from any car shop and pour it into your oil. I used some on my other car and waiting to see if it's worked! Leak has slowed anyways so it does something

ye i will most probs give that a go.....best thing to do for now

Back