Technical Creek noise coming from rear

Currently reading:
Technical Creek noise coming from rear

Hi all. Wondered if anyone could help me. Recently I’m noticing that whilst driving around when I go to brake when I release my foot off the brake pedal it makes a noise from the rear of the car. Can’t really explain what the sound is like but it’s like a creek noise. I haven’t looked under the car yet but just wondered if anyone has had this problem before or a similar problem and how you fixed it or found the cause?

Thanks all

Hi 🙂

Depends on your csr

Drums or discs?

Try using the brakes at @5 mph with the clutch down.. So engine idling..
Still hear it? 🤔

You can do the same with the handbrake (keep button pressed..)

Same noise?

Handbrake and footbrake are actually different with drums..

Closer connection on discs

Tell us more 🙂

Hi 🙂

Depends on your csr

Drums or discs?

Try using the brakes at @5 mph with the clutch down.. So engine idling..
Still hear it? 🤔

You can do the same with the handbrake (keep button pressed..)

Same noise?

Handbrake and footbrake are actually different with drums..

Closer connection on discs

Tell us more 🙂
Thanks for getting back to me. So my car has drums at the rear of the car not discs.. when I am out in it tomorrow I’ll give you an update on what happens when I try what you’ve said.. a similar noise to it would be if you had the handbrake on and tried moving the car and it makes a distinctive creeking sound… 😵😵

Why you start new forum thread with such common problem like brake/suspension noise?
Sounds like a brake job (drums, shoes, self-adjusters). Nothing special.
Find a Guide, Punto 2 or Grande (roughly same system, principle of operation).

Why you start new forum thread with such common problem like brake/suspension noise?
Sounds like a brake job (drums, shoes, self-adjusters). Nothing special.
Find a Guide, Punto 2 or Grande (roughly same system, principle of operation).
I’m new to this site so not sure how it works 🤷‍♂️ just thought I’d throw my issue out there and see if anybody could help me as that’s what this site is for is it not…

Anyways quick update the car doesn’t make the noise when at a standstill. Only makes it when the car is moving and comes to a stop 👍

Back