Technical Engine cooling system

Currently reading:
Technical Engine cooling system

jimktp

Is there any problem with that repair?
No coolant leak has been noticed and the guy before me had not problem
Can I repair it better for more security?

Attachments

• PXL_20230510_093305401.jpg
    PXL_20230510_093305401.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
My advice would be to keep an eye on it and water level/temp. etc. but do not disturb it as it will make matters worse, but budget for a new radiator soon.;)

My advice would be to keep an eye on it and water level/temp. etc. but do not disturb it as it will make matters worse, but budget for a new radiator soon.;)
It works like this a lot of time.maybe 2 years or more.
I was thinking to put a Little more glue or something like this red think.i don't know what it is

I think what has happened is the original plastic bleeder screw with o ring has been replaced with a larger size bolt and then that has had to be sealed in place. Most likely it will not fail. Bleeding a punto is difficult for a garage which has to get it right first time but for the DIY person if you dont fully bleed after filling the car and just top up for a few days there is no problem not being able to use the bleed screws.

I think what has happened is the original plastic bleeder screw with o ring has been replaced with a larger size bolt and then that has had to be sealed in place. Most likely it will not fail. Bleeding a punto is difficult for a garage which has to get it right first time but for the DIY person if you dont fully bleed after filling the car and just top up for a few days there is no problem not being able to use the bleed screws.
Today I was thinking about that.It is the bleeder screw...If I buy the original or find it from another Punto with the o ring , do you believe that I can replace that? Or there is problem with the hole and probably don't fit.
They maybe lost the right screw when serviced the system and they placed a different screw

I also wonder what is the red think that they used to that bigger screw.
PXL_20231213_122613781.jpg

for such sealing a cheap and good product is sillicone rated for up to 300 degrees. It usually comes in red or in black color. Just google silicone 300 degree in your language or ask in any store which sells parts for car or building materials for houses. and dont think of buying the one for 1000 or 1200 degree that one turnes into stone and is only used in houses around fireplaces. vibrations makes it crumble to dust. the one that is rated to 300 degree stays nice elastic for ever and it works for your hot temperaturs. its also used to seal thermostat and water pump if they dont come with proper gasket.

In your radiator case - dont tuch it. No you can not put normal bleeding screw back even if you find one because the original hole for it is nice small, in your case there is something big in place where it used to be and it might be that the original little hole doesnt exist under this big black thing… From the picture i cant even tell what this big black thing is. Is it hex shaped? Is is such big screw? Is it such big cap? Just random piece of plastic glued over the where the initial bleeder screw was? I cant tell,.. from what i know about punto 188, mk2, there was always way more smaller plastic screw in this place. Screwed into yellow plastic, more detailed position: right under the big black thing. You can try take the black thing away to see whats under it and then if no other option use the above mentioned silicone to seal it back. And if you still want to repair it properly i would suggest to replace the radiator entierly, new one comes with the desired screw – dont worry – you maybe will want to add a little grease to its thread for it to turn a bit easier by hand.

Back