LC Motors of Newport

Currently reading:
LC Motors of Newport

Dont know about the alfa's and to be honest who cares as long as I can get get my warranty work done on the new panda we bought there a few weeks ago..:p..as far as service goes in the surrounding area I wouldn't use Wessex in Cardiff or Newport..If I couldnt use L.C I would have to find a decent independent to cover the warranty..

L.C Motors long may they be in bussiness..:slayer:

LC Motors will still be doing warranty on Alfa and Fiat. (y)

so they lost the alfa franchise but are taking on Fiats?

:confused:

they didn't loose the alfa franchise, they gave it up as alfa wanted them to have a £250k refit and hold 4 currant alfa's as courtesy cars

if i'm right wolfman works there (cwmbran) and lives just around the corner from me

iirc wessex in cardiff have alfa's

Last edited:
I've been using them for a few years now, since I first bought an Alfa. The service is excellent, Craig looks after his customers and the guys in the workshop do a good job.

They still do warrantee work, in fact, Wessex Garages are their best customer. Anything other than straightforward servicing goes straight to LC to sort out.

And no, I don't work for them, but I've spent a fortune there over the years (high mileage=regular servicing) and got to know them all quite well. (y)

2 year old Thread gets resurrected lol!

2 year old Thread gets resurrected lol!

Can't complain though, nice to see people commenting on related threads from the past (y)

Lots of positive things heard about LC Motors on the Alfa Forum aswell. I think the new franchises Fiat & Alfa have given out (particularly in Wales) have been more about having a presence rather than offering decent service, if reports from various owners are anything to go by.

Im guessing the £250k refit Alfa wanted LC Motors to have wouldn't have been funded by Alfa? If so it's a pity, because it'd be much better for companies like LC to have the franchises than these jack of all trades that seem to be getting alot of franchises lately, who are, on the whole, sh*te!

Liam

Craig has now left LC Motors to become a rep for garage supplies or something, and Francis is now running the service side of things.
Still can't recommend them enough. If you go there, tell them Alun with the Ducato recommended them!

Reading all the positive replies on this thread I thought I would add that LC's have reduced all the prices on servicing and repair work (timing belt changes, brakes, suspension, clutch's etc). This is because they are a Club Ricambi dealer and can now offer Genuine parts used in the workshop and heavily discounted prices!!

Last edited:
Reading all the positive replies on this thread I thought I would add that LC's have reduced all the prices on servicing and repair work (timing belt changes, brakes, suspension, clutch's etc). This is because they are a Club Ricambi dealer and can now offer Genuine parts used in the workshop and heavily discounted prices!!

thanks,
I've not heard of this scheme,
hopefully my local Ex- FIAT / Lancia place may be on the same thing..,
Charlie

I believe it's only a handfull of Fiat and alfa dealers across the country who are eligible to do it. You can always ask though.

This is because they are a Club Ricambi dealer and can now offer Genuine parts used in the workshop and heavily discounted prices!!

I find it hard to believe that only certain dealerships are allowed discounted parts thereby favourtising certain dealerships while neglecting others. Club Ricambi is available to anyone and has been available to taxis and trade for years after all dealerships have been losing out big time to local garages because of parts prices!

I think you will find that dealers have to pay a subscription fee to be club Ricambi and I believe it's only a handfull of dealers across the country who do it.

Back