General Lancia y10 turbo

Currently reading:
General Lancia y10 turbo

pandamaniac

Established member
Hey guys,,
Just been spending a lunchbreak looking at ebay and guess what.
Dave

Mouse over image to zoom

• $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG

Have one to sell? Sell it yourself

Details about 1985 (C) Lancia Y10 1049cc Turbo - AMAZING Condition, GENUINE 12300miles

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Cheap at half the price :roll eyes:

I agree Kris, it is a strange spec for a turbo

Don't think the wife would approve of another y10 in the family.

This advert is helpful if you need evidence for insurance valuations though....

Is that just a digital temp control or aircon?

All indications I've had from reviews is that the turbo is a handful to drive?

If it was a bit nearer I'd go for a test drive!!

As far as im aware its a digital temp control. Turbos have a reputation for torque steer and boisterous road manners. Having said that as long as its in good nick it will be easy enough to drive.

The lack of rear seatbelts is another odd spec omission.

Heating and ventilation rather than heating and cooling (n)

All that extra pipework, compressor and other AC bits and bobs would only slow you down anyway :slayer:

If I understand it right, this is the 1049cc 127 Brasil engine with a turbo? Hmm a fancy Panda with the cracking 127 engine plus a bit?

Can we just stop posting to this thread as I keep looking at the Ebay advert....... :rolleyes:

There's no room unless I sell something Panda shaped, it must be way overpriced surely (or is it? No idea! :confused: ), and it's in the back of beyond (oops, no it's about 1/2 an hour away, grrr :cry: ).

It is nice though........ :bang::bang::bang:

If I understand it right, this is the 1049cc 127 Brasil engine with a turbo? Hmm a fancy Panda with the cracking 127 engine plus a bit?

Can we just stop posting to this thread as I keep looking at the Ebay advert....... :rolleyes:

There's no room unless I sell something Panda shaped, it must be way overpriced surely (or is it? No idea! :confused: ), and it's in the back of beyond (oops, no it's about 1/2 an hour away, grrr :cry: ).

It is nice though........ :bang::bang::bang:

Yes its the 1049cc Brasil motor with IHI Turbo and a twin choke weber.

Take it for a test drive. im guessing we would all be curious.

WoW!

1049cc sport, with weber 34DMTR have 70bhp, i wonder how it shifts with turbo.

Sorry for hi-jack.
In the 127 spec sheet it shows that the difference of extra 20bhp between 127 and 127 sport was achieved by swaping Weber 32ICEV to Weber 34DMTR. Is that correct?

I had a 1,300 GTie and that had more hp I believe than the smaller engined turbo.
The Gtie was great and unburstable and very smooth, I suppose the turbos of that era were more ragged and suffered lag by the bucketful until they came on song then.............va..va...boom!
Dave

WoW!

1049cc sport, with weber 34DMTR have 70bhp, i wonder how it shifts with turbo.

Sorry for hi-jack.
In the 127 spec sheet it shows that the difference of extra 20bhp between 127 and 127 sport was achieved by swaping Weber 32ICEV to Weber 34DMTR. Is that correct?
I think the camshaft was also different in the sport and it had slightly higher compression ratio. Not sure about the valve sizes though.

Last edited:
My friend had early lancia delta hf turbo, 1.6 dohc 130hp, early carbed one{ later it was 140 hp and mpi}.The car was pain in the ass to drive :D and my ritmo 125tc abarth with naturally aspirated 2.0dohc 125hp was faster. I would not touch lancia carbed turbo even with a stick;) though I love the look of this 1.05L turbo y10.(y)

Hi All,

Well as of a few hours ago I'm now the proud owner of this little beastie! I've longed for a Lancia Y10 Turbo, ever since I had the opportunity to drive one back in 1988. This one has an interesting history and was originally bought by the current owner from a Bonhams sale where it fetched £1500, it had been store in a barn for years and was covered in thick dust and hadn't run for years, being sold as a non runner. Over the past two years varoius parts were sourced and replaced to get it up and running again! It needs work to get it concours, but that's my intention, something to preen and dote on for a few years! Underneath is solid as a rock, but theres just a few dings and a small patch of rust on the lower passenger door.

Please don't ask me what I paid as I'm trying to erase that from memory. however, I look at it this way, I've got what I have wanted for years and years.

If you want to know anything about it just shout, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions. When I have it in tip top original condition I'll be sure to take it to a few of the events In time to come.

Cheers

John

Hi All,

Well as of a few hours ago I'm now the proud owner of this little beastie! I've longed for a Lancia Y10 Turbo, ever since I had the opportunity to drive one back in 1988. This one has an interesting history and was originally bought by the current owner from a Bonhams sale where it fetched £1500, it had been store in a barn for years and was covered in thick dust and hadn't run for years, being sold as a non runner. Over the past two years varoius parts were sourced and replaced to get it up and running again! It needs work to get it concours, but that's my intention, something to preen and dote on for a few years! Underneath is solid as a rock, but theres just a few dings and a small patch of rust on the lower passenger door.

Please don't ask me what I paid as I'm trying to erase that from memory. however, I look at it this way, I've got what I have wanted for years and years.

If you want to know anything about it just shout, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions. When I have it in tip top original condition I'll be sure to take it to a few of the events In time to come.

Cheers

John

Thats great news! Would love to hear some driving impressions. How easy it is to drive, how fast etc. More photos too please :)

Hi All,

Cheers

John

Hi John,

Glad it's gone to someone local! I'm in Princes Risborough & there's another Panda nut ( scout ) in Aylesbury, and other general Fiat nuts in Wycombe & Bourne End. I'll give you a while to sort it out, then maybe come the better weather we could meet up? I really fancy a drive if you're not mega precious about it - swap you a drive in Panto, or the original 1049cc in a 127, or something else - there's a few to choose from....... (y)

Thank you for removing the temptation too!! ;)

Cheers, Gavin.

Back