Technical Key code error (HELP)

Currently reading:
Technical Key code error (HELP)

To start of: sorry, I know this has been asked plenty of times before but I need help, so here we go:
My 2003 4x4 drivetrain which ran perfectly fine when I started my restoration now, upon its being reinstalled, wont start. I’ve narrowed the problem down to the fuel pump not activating on its own (I’ve checked by powering it straight and it does function).
So my thoughts went to the lit error light on my dashboard with an image of a key and the word: ‘code’. After substantial research I concluded that this could be the root of my problems.
My questions are:
1) how do I fix this (on a limited budget if possible)?
2) why/how did this happen as it worked before starting my restoration?

(I attached things I thought might be helpful with answering my questions)

Attachments

• IMG_3762.jpeg
    IMG_3762.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3763.jpeg
    IMG_3763.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3764.jpeg
    IMG_3764.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3765.jpeg
    IMG_3765.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3767.mov
    37.7 MB
There was much hoo ha about the fiat master keys in the 80s and 90s. The master is almost irreplacable And may well be needed in working order to get out of trouble. You may need to find a good old Fiat tech to help unless someone here knows the full story. It was subject of BBC watchdog investigation I believe.

The keys are different. RED is the best if having an Immobilised problem

BUT, earth cables THE BIG BLACK ONE FROM BATTERY.. can fail inside, the Copper strands turn to a Green paste 😕. So use a Jumplead cable to go from battery Negative to the Body

Try immobiliser now 🙂
Tried it, starting motor runs but no sign of fuel or spark. Inconsistently when I turn the key a fuse starts clicking repeatedly, could this be related in any way?

There was much hoo ha about the fiat master keys in the 80s and 90s. The master is almost irreplacable And may well be needed in working order to get out of trouble. You may need to find a good old Fiat tech to help unless someone here knows the full story. It was subject of BBC watchdog investigation I believe.
The thing that baffles me is that it worked perfectly fine before, only now after taking everything apart and putting it together again does it not work.

update:
After inspecting a seemingly unrelated plug noticed it would fit perfectly into the “key checker” plug.
After plugging this one in the fuel pump runs, key code light’s off and the flickering fuse is silent.
Still it doesn’t start and after pulling the plugs there’s no sign of spark.
Is this related to any of the above or just a different problem? Help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_3772.jpeg
    IMG_3772.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
Back