Technical Steering ball joint issue.

Currently reading:
Technical Steering ball joint issue.

Albert Alfvag

Hello everyone!
I have a problem and need to find an answer.
I have some play between the outer steering ball joint and the metal arm that comes off of the suspension strut (see picture). The problem isn't the ball joint itself but between the conical part of it and where it fits. Is there some kind of bushing in there? I can't remember. And if so, does anyone know where I might find a new one, or even a completely new "steering arm". Sorry I don't know the names of all these parts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Albert
orca-image-952907599.jpeg

The ball joint has a tapered shaft, and the steering arm a tapered hole. It should be a tight fit.
If the nut is tight, both parts need replacing. The dirt suggests the ball joint has not recently been replaced, so we can rule out poorly made parts.
The arm is RH 4437621 (LH is 4437620) Pic looks like the RH one.

Thank you for the reply.
Are those numbers part numbers that I would use to order the parts from a fiat salesman? I took the picture on the right side one but it's the left one having the issue.

Thank you for the reply.
Are those numbers part numbers that I would use to order the parts from a fiat salesman? I took the picture on the right side one but it's the left one having the issue.
Those are the Fiat part numbers.
I've no idea whether they are still available form a Fiat dealer, but you can of course try. Otherwise, Google is your friend.

Back