General just bought a Panda to add to the fleet

Currently reading:
General just bought a Panda to add to the fleet

My fiancee has just bought a 1.2 dynamic on a 54 plate with only 11500m on the clock:D. What a lovely little motor it is:). was last serviced though in 2006 by the dealer it was bought from with 10300m on clock. Should I give it a service????:rolleyes:

How much did you get it for?

Definitely service it...My Dynamic had oil darker than the dark side of the moon today.

How did you find a 54 plate with 11.5k on the clock? That's top stuff!

Well was lucky but unlucky. Basically The Bro i Laws dad died who owned the car before. He bought it with 10300 on the clock from Fiat at approx 1 year old. They serviced it before he took delivery of it. He only used it to go to supermarket every couple of week and has only done just over a thousand mile in it. We bought it for £1500 . Rides like new and still smell new! It is a minter and has always been kept in his garage. He basically hated driving so avoided it whenever he could. Best bit is we sold my lasses clio with 112000m on the clock for £1020 so not cost much at all. Just change the oil then or should I do the plugs and filters???

Do the lot, won't hurt the pocket either. I got my 07 plate cat c for more than you paid and it had 23k on the clock too!

You have to take it on a good drive down the motorway as the short trips will not have helped the engine much.

How's the Stilo?

Will service it myself and save on the cash!(Dads an x Ford technician) The Stilo is Brill. Had it since new! Dont fancy owt else yet TBH as it does everthing so well although the little Panda is a lot of fun by the looks of it. Had Puntos with the same engine in before so know it will be quite lively in the Panda.:D

Re: just added a panda to he fleet

Not gonna do the belt and tensioner for at least a couple of years. They are perfectly fine according to my dad (ford technician) . It really is a smasher though. Pinched it at 1500.:D

Do the lot, won't hurt the pocket either. I got my 07 plate cat c for more than you paid and it had 23k on the clock too!

You have to take it on a good drive down the motorway as the short trips will not have helped the engine much.

yes,
certainly oil and filter NOW , and coolant brake fluid, etc in the spring, as stated none of it is too expensive.
Charlie

My lass had it on the motorway this morn for 20 mins or so. Bobs along quite nicely athough she wouldn't rev it. I told her it needs a bit of a thrash (especially seen as its italian) but would have none of it. Got a trip to the coast planned on Sunday though for new year. It will have some when I get hold of it:p. Will just do oil and filters next weekend.

End of the day its like new and drives like new. Compared to the 9 year old clio we sold for 1100 with 112000 on the clock it was a bargain and only cost us 400 for a car that has done a 100000 less miles. No brainer

You know for some weird reason you're making me like my Panda more than I did, only a few days ago I was looking to flog it lol. Now i'm keeping until the summer at least!

Enjoy your trip mate :)

Has it sat around for those years? Did the previous owner forget they had it? How can it not have been serviced for 6 years?!

Well done on the bargain though, hope all goes well with it :)

Whoa. I change the cambelt every 10k miles. I'd be seriously worried about one that old that had never been changed.

Timing belts need doing every 5 years so even if it was done on the last service it's overdue.

Cars like that with low mileage often sound good but with it not being serviced in all those years and probably driven very short distances meaning the engine never reaches running temp you often find the engines/batteries/cat convertors etc will be more worn than a well serviced regularly used car.

Last edited:

In fairness I take mine on track and rag the hell out of it so my piece of mind servicing is probably a little non standard.

Well i know the car before we got it. It was the bro in laws dads motor. He hated driving so just kept it in the garage on a trikle charger till he had to drive somewhere. Unfortunately he died the other week. I. The six years he owned it he covered 1200miles!!!

Back