Styling Just a little styling

Currently reading:
Styling Just a little styling

Just a quick post of my recent styling to my bravo.. heres an update.. up next is the fog lights wing mirrors and the spoiler ;)
Hoping soon to get the wheel arches done and new front splitter when it arrives.. thoughts?

Attachments

• 1425149722960.jpg
    1425149722960.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 123
I only went with red as all my interior is red stitching and it seems to be the colours fiat picked

Mine is all plain black inside so I'd go for blue. I've already put blue LEDs in my footwells. I've got black car mats with blue edging.

What did you use and how long did it take?

Mine is all plain black inside so I'd go for blue. I've already put blue LEDs in my footwells. I've got black car mats with blue edging.

What did you use and how long did it take?

That sounds really cool.. im breaking my red theme by making my calipers lime green!haha

I went to halfords for my paint so grab a can of your fav blue.

First of all i did the chrome, i rubbed it down with some 600 grit i found 400 to be to rough, i then coated it in primer and let it dry for half an hour then painted it with a nice coat.. then i put it on the radiator to get nice and hot and i put a thick wet coat on and back on the radiator to dry.

Same method with the fog lights.. the covers come out toward you.. if you getan old credit card or something similar and work in the bottom closest to the grille you can get your hands in and pull it out toward you... again get it nice and hot and put a thick wet coat on... gives it a nice gloss without laqure and stops the paint dulling in the cold... apoligies if this is abit noddy

That sounds really cool.. im breaking my red theme by making my calipers lime green!haha

I went to halfords for my paint so grab a can of your fav blue.

First of all i did the chrome, i rubbed it down with some 600 grit i found 400 to be to rough, i then coated it in primer and let it dry for half an hour then painted it with a nice coat.. then i put it on the radiator to get nice and hot and i put a thick wet coat on and back on the radiator to dry.

Same method with the fog lights.. the covers come out toward you.. if you getan old credit card or something similar and work in the bottom closest to the grille you can get your hands in and pull it out toward you... again get it nice and hot and put a thick wet coat on... gives it a nice gloss without laqure and stops the paint dulling in the cold... apoligies if this is abit noddy

I'd even stick to my blue theme even for my calipers but it's a special paint for calipers, isn't it?

I think I'm going to look in to doing this when the weather picks up. I don't have anywhere indoors to paint and it's a bit windy at the moment around my neck of the woods.

I'd even stick to my blue theme even for my calipers but it's a special paint for calipers, isn't it?

I think I'm going to look in to doing this when the weather picks up. I don't have anywhere indoors to paint and it's a bit windy at the moment around my neck of the woods.

It says high temp paint.. but how often do you thrash your brakes haha, if you want you can use a high temp primer.. halfords ;) and the same blue paint.. or you can just use the same paint as you use for the front.. i painted in the shed and then just put them on the kitchen radiator, you could put a box in the garden and paint on that.. just warm the cans up and the bits your painting with a hairdryer :)

Seen in halfords today.. blue caliper pint.. 10 a 600 ml spray

Seen in halfords today.. blue caliper pint.. 10 a 600 ml spray

Yeh, that's where I intended to go. I may seem like a bit of a simpleton but how easy a job is it?

I know the grille and the fog light surrounds are going to be fairly easy but what about the calipers? I'm sure I read somewhere that I'd need a special tool to get the calipers in and/or out?

Yeh, that's where I intended to go. I may seem like a bit of a simpleton but how easy a job is it?

I know the grille and the fog light surrounds are going to be fairly easy but what about the calipers? I'm sure I read somewhere that I'd need a special tool to get the calipers in and/or out?

There are 2ways to do it, one requires a 10mm flared spanner,hose clamps and a wind back tool to name a few.. the other newspaper and masking tape haha.

Im going to paint them on the car, just clean them good and mask up

Back